cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment Plan

sincereamina
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am on automatic payment and the company keeps taking money from my account, however, i am getting NO SERVICE. I need my Phone to work. I got a text saying that my plan was renewed on May 13, however, it still DOSE NOT WORK 

if this problem continues i will will be changing providers and companies because this is aweful.

Please have my phone fixed and working!

9 REPLIES 9

@Bandsaw Completely understand your concern for your daughters. Unfortunately, no cellular service, or landline for that matter, will guarantee 100% up time. I have given considerable thought to this dilemma as it potentially impacts my granddaughters but have found no guaranteed solution; best I could "invent" is here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/100-SERVICE/m-p/183753#M33693.

I have not gone the extra mile though, which, I think, would involve carrying a pager as final backup. http://www.pagenet.ca/?page_id=337

Hang in there. Soon they will be making all their own decisions and resent your suggestions! Robot LOL

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@sincereamina, I've merged this 2 identical threads. I hope you get the answers that you need.

@sincereamina wrote:

I am on automatic payment and the company keeps taking money from my account, however, i am getting NO SERVICE. I need my Phone to work. I got a text saying that my plan was renewed on May 13, however, it still DOSE NOT WORK 

if this problem continues i will will be changing providers and companies because this is aweful.

Please have my phone fixed and working!!!!!!!!

I would log into your self-serve account to see what it says your account status is.  Since you got the message that you were renewed, it does sound as if the money was applied to your plan.

I would try reporting your phone as lost/stolen and then reactivate it as found.

If that doesn't work, you will have need to contact moderators through this link:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

@Bandsaw wrote:

@Lieux wrote:

@sincereamina wrote:

Sorry to hear that... what you can try... go in your self serve account and click on the tab Plan/Add-ons and on PHONE LOST/STOLEN and close your phone few minutes and open it again and click on find it.If it doesn’t hello write a message to the moderator here https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 and explain what happened. Waiting time is few hours to 2 days.

I hope the above suggestion works for you.  

When I go browsing the toopics here and see this issue come up time and time again, along other website quirks, it upsets me.  I have said it before, the webmasters of this site need to get thier acts together.  Password reset not working, credit card update not reliable, having to declare your phone lost/stollen and found again (seems to be a favourte topic and solution), and other yet goofy issues.  Then to top it off, waiting upto to 2 days for a moderator to fix.

I am critical of Public Mobile as 1) the other big guys don't seem to have this issue, so why does this website? 2) In my case, I have two young daughters (early 20s) that I pay for thier phones while they are in University.  Each of them has late night classes and have to walk the university ground when dark (winter).  I need to be sure that thier phones will work after renewal as a matter of security.

I toataly get the price model here at Public Mobile, and touch wood, we have not had any issues.  But when I see the same issues month after month being posted (as opposed to once every few months - I mean everyone has a technical glitch sometime), I have to wonder if the price saving of using Public Mobile is worth the sacrafice of security when the billing date comes around each month.

Have said it before, and will say it again - the webmasters have to get this site reliable!  Even yestorday, the site was so SLOW when updating credit card information (again, having to delete the credit card - which kills autopay, add a credit card, then sign up for autopay again).  Now I am paranoid that the billing will actually work when when the date rolls around (also changed plans to take advantage of the 500mb bonus).  I should not have to worry about reliability and having to chase a moderator for 2 to 3 days.

@Bandsaw  I agree and understand your frustration. Even though I haven't experienced any of the issues that you described and by the way I also have multiple accounts with PM, my understanding is that if you are looking for a "set it and forget it" type of service then PM isn't it.

My experience with PM is in order to avoid/minimize issues you need to be proactive and  follow some of the Do's and Dont's mentioned in this forum regarding billing, plan changes and monitoring your account on a regular basis.

@Bandsaw wrote:

@Lieux wrote:

@sincereamina wrote:

Sorry to hear that... what you can try... go in your self serve account and click on the tab Plan/Add-ons and on PHONE LOST/STOLEN and close your phone few minutes and open it again and click on find it.If it doesn’t hello write a message to the moderator here https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 and explain what happened. Waiting time is few hours to 2 days.

When I go browsing the toopics here and see this issue come up time and time again, along other website quirks, it upsets me.  I have said it before, the webmasters of this site need to get thier acts together.  Password reset not working, credit card update not reliable, having to declare your phone lost/stollen and found again (seems to be a favourte topic and solution), and other yet goofy issues.  Then to top it off, waiting upto to 2 days for a moderator to fix.

I am critical of Public Mobile as 1) the other big guys don't seem to have this issue, so why does this website? 2) In my case, I have two young daughters (early 20s) that I pay for thier phones while they are in University.  Each of them has late night classes and have to walk the university ground when dark (winter).  I need to be sure that thier phones will work after renewal as a matter of security.

I toataly get the price model here at Public Mobile, and touch wood, we have not had any issues.  But when I see the same issues month after month being posted (as opposed to once every few months - I mean everyone has a technical glitch sometime), I have to wonder if the price saving of using Public Mobile is worth the sacrafice of security when the billing date comes around each month.

Have said it before, and will say it again - the webmasters have to get this site reliable!  Even yestorday, the site was so SLOW when updating credit card information (again, having to delete the credit card - which kills autopay, add a credit card, then sign up for autopay again).  Now I am paranoid that the billing will actually work when when the date rolls around (also changed plans to take advantage of the 500mb bonus).  I should not have to worry about reliability and having to chase a moderator for 2 to 3 days.

First of all we are customers like you here...it would be better to explain your frustration (that I understand!) directly to the moderator in private message. And yes perhaps it would be better to choose another company for your 2 daughters...???

And yes this trick phone lost/stolen helped in many cases...but with the different bugs lately not.Smiley Frustrated

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Bandsaw I do agree that there are many issues with the portal and I have no idea why they can't seem to fix them properly.   

That being said, if I constantly had problems /concerns with a company especially related to security, would it not be better to move to another company with fewer issues?  The competition has similar priced plans. 

We often tell people if this a business line it might be better to go with a different provider.

Bandsaw

@Lieux wrote:

@sincereamina wrote:

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

@sincereamina wrote:

sincereamina

Please have my phone fixed and working!!!!!!!!

Need Help? Let's chat.