cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment Issues, won’t let me update new credit card on file

jelmq
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My payment got declined so I tried putting multiple other cards and it won’t let me. My cards are definitely good. I need my phone service back up ASAP can someone help me please!

7 REPLIES 7

@jelmq 

Here's some additional info....

Follow this method when making a manual payment/adding a card to the account....only use the emboldened portion of the instructions if the payment card is already on file.

1. Reboot your device.
  2. Clear your browser, use secret/incognito mode in firefox, chrome or safari.
  3. Choose replace card rather than remove card.
  4. Copy your address from your billing statement.
  5. Add your apt/unit/suite # to the street address. ie. 101-123 1ST AVE W, CITY, PROV.
  6. Do not put a space in the postal code. X0X0X0 not X0X 0X0.
  7. USE ALL CAPS if necessary.
  8. Do not use autofill. Type everything manually.

Once you successfully update your card do not attempt your payment immediately. Log out/in then go to make a payment to pay for your renewal. Otherwise if you were not suspended I would recommend a $1 test payment. Follow my further instructions for a successful payment to unsuspend your account.

Do not try more than two attempts at adding a card or payments ( successful or not) or you will continue to get this message. Wait at least 1 hour to try a third time another hour for your 5th try....and so on....and do not make more than 4 unsuccessful tries with the same card in a 24 hour period or you will trigger a fraud alert lock out requiring assistance from the moderators.

Go to make a payment. Choose the "other amount" option and add $1 more than the amount owing and submit the payment. If that is successful go back to your overview page and if it does not say active  click on the reactivate button. If that works log out and reboot. If that does not work and your payment is in your balance rather than showing $1 then go to the usage or plans page. Click on lost/stolen and suspend your service. Log out/in. Resume your service. Your balance should now be $1. Log out and reboot

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@jelmq wrote:

My payment got declined so I tried putting multiple other cards and it won’t let me. My cards are definitely good. I need my phone service back up ASAP can someone help me please!

@jelmq

If you already have an active credit card (not expired or cancelled) registered to your account you should be able to make a payment by calling 611, to get your services working again. Reboot your phone after payment is made.

IF this is the case, sounds like a failed Autopay. I would like the Moderators know about this.

To contact the Public Mobile Moderator_Team, there are two ways to reach them:

1 -  Faster Method - Click the bubble comment circle on the bottom right hand side of your screen, or use this link to: Get Help With SIMon the Public Mobile chatbot

OR

2 – Slower Method - Use this link to:

Private Message to Public Mobile Moderators (PM Customer Service Representatives)

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@jelmq 

When updating credit card info, make sure to do the following to avoid the common errors and glitches which may occur:

1. Clear your browser's cache & cookies
  2. Use incognito mode
  3. Select "Manage My Card"
  4. Select "replace card"
  5. Type your address exactly as from your billing statement
  6.  Don't use a space in the postal code
  7.  Use ALL CAPS if necessary
  8.  Type everything, not letting autofill complete any fields

(Above information kindly supplied courtesy of darlicious 😉)

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Triguy : There's no apt# field anymore.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Try waiting an hour.  Use a different browser and incognito mode.  Also try clearing your cache and cookies then reboot.

Accepted credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, American Express) and Visa Debit cards that have been issued by Canadian or American financial institutions and are associated with addresses in Canada or the U.S. If you are using a payment card, leave the apartment/suite number in the payment information section blank.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jelmq : Get your service going sooner by buying a voucher online and then using 611 to redeem it.

Then figure out the payment card. It's likely locked out now thinking of fraud.

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@jelmq wrote:

@jelmq If there is a glitch in the system accepting a new card you will need a moderator's help to enter it. In the meantime you could buy a voucher and add it online or through 611.

How to Open a Ticket / Contact Moderators

1. Click Chat Bubble and type "Open Ticket"

2. Click "Contact PM Support"

3. Select "Account Specific Question"

4. Click "No, I Need A Human Now"

5. Select the link "Click Here To Submit A Ticket"

6. This opens a new window. Log in with Community Account NOT your self serve.

7. Provide log in info of Self Serve account.

8. Follow prompts.

Need Help? Let's chat.