cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment Impossible

getrolfed
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I recieved a text notice that my credit card expiration date needed to be updated. I tried logging in, but the system would not let me. Tried the 'forgot your password' option, but never recieved an email. Eventually, I went to two separtate Public kiosks to try and gain access to my account (as the autopayment was due today) No one could help me. Their only solution was to switch carriers. This seems incredible to me. Eventually, I discovered that one character was wrong in my password and I was able to login and update my credit card details. Today, I spent several hours getting this sorted out. Would I recommend Public as a service provider? Would you?

5 REPLIES 5

@getrolfed  I'm happy that you figured out what was causing your issue and it has been resolved. Yes pm has glitches and sometimes addresses the problems in a timely manner and other times when a fix is not easy or too expensive or for whatever reason it remains a problem the the community figures out a work around or just constantly tells or reminds users to be aware of and avoid. Is it acceptable to put up with certain issues for years? No probably not but pm is a discount provider and you have to decide whether or not you are willing to put up with them in order to save money on your phone bill. Do you shop at no frills or at whole foods. I'm happy to eat a naturally imperfect bell pepper or Apple rather than pay 3 times the price for a perfect one with 4 perfectly symmetrical  rounded points on its base so stands upright and level on the countertop. In the end they both taste exactly the same and likely came from the same farm from the same plant or tree. The only difference is its appearance and more importantly it's price. For many people they have the choice because of their financial situation. If you have a comfortable six figure salary you can make that decision lightly but if you earn half of that with a large family or live in an expensive city or live just above or below the poverty line the choice is having a phone or not having a phone. Public Mobile is providing a service that almost anyone can make the choice to have without having to sacrifice basic needs to keep. Having the luxury to complain and choose a different provider with more bells and whistles and a higher price is a choice many people only hope and dream about rather than actually be able to implement. Please continue to save money with pm maybe you'll use it for charity and tax receipt or maybe you'll just enjoy biting into that perfect apple. The choice is yours and yours alone. Come back to the community whenever you need to were always happy to help.

getrolfed
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@hairbag1 wrote:

@getrolfed wrote:

I recieved a text notice that my credit card expiration date needed to be updated. I tried logging in, but the system would not let me. Tried the 'forgot your password' option, but never recieved an email. Eventually, I went to two separtate Public kiosks to try and gain access to my account (as the autopayment was due today) No one could help me. Their only solution was to switch carriers. This seems incredible to me. Eventually, I discovered that one character was wrong in my password and I was able to login and update my credit card details. Today, I spent several hours getting this sorted out. Would I recommend Public as a service provider? Would you?

One character was wrong in the password...was that your fault or PM fault ?

Typing in the wrong password was my fault. Having a password retrieval system that does not work (i.e. does not send an email to me) is a problem with PM

@ChuckYeah wrote:

That's the price we pay (self service) and the savings we receive as a result. I do recommend PM but not to everyone!

How is data entry error related to PM except perhaps the lack of phone support.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@getrolfed wrote:

One character was wrong in the password...was that your fault or PM fault ?

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

That's the price we pay (self service) and the savings we receive as a result. I do recommend PM but not to everyone!

Need Help? Let's chat.