cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment Due Soon?

Ed404
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I just received a text from 611:

"Public Mobile: Heads up, your payment is due soon. Please ensure that you have enough funds in your account. If you have Autopay, please ignore this msg."

I activated only a few days ago and paid once already. Why am I being told to pay again soon?

16 REPLIES 16

@darlicious wrote:

But I might just sell them to a few people that make calls all the time. They pay a lot more than $0.04 a minute. I might charge them $0.05 a minute and let them borrow my phone.

Uh Oh... I see some telephone tariff infractions happening here.... 🙂

AE_Collector

Ed404

@darlicious wrote:

@Ed404Well you could use them for minutes on your plan but seems a waste when they are 4x as expensive. I do have a few people I can call. But I might just sell them to a few people that make calls all the time. They pay a lot more than $0.04 a minute. I might charge them $0.05 a minute and let them borrow my phone.

I thought they were free....

I've been meaning to start a topic about this as well. Thanks @Ed404 @for doing it.

I received this same message for both of our phones which both renewed about 8 dats ago. The message is normal, just the timing is messed up! I'm not worrying about it, just some sort of small glitch in the big scheme of things. 

AE_Collector

@Ed404Well you could use them for minutes on your plan but seems a waste when they are 4x as expensive. I do have a few people I can call. But I might just sell them to a few people that make calls all the time. They pay a lot more than $0.04 a minute. I might charge them $0.05 a minute and let them borrow my phone.

Ed404

@darlicious wrote:

Do you make many overseas calls?

Nope

@Ed404I already added it to one account my other one is limbo after not provisioning correctly last night during renewal. Also added it to two of the accounts I manage before self serve went down. Do you make many overseas calls?

Ed404

@darlicious wrote:

@Ed404 Do you have the $5/500 min add on?

Did you know Public Mobile is giving away 400 minutes and 1 GB add-on to all customers?

Bam1985
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am having the similar issues also they hopefully have it fixed soon. 

Dialling 611 from your phone does not use minutes!! In fact, even when your account is suspended you can still dial 611 from your phone.

@Ed404  I  don't remember for sure but I don't think so?....i would just wait til your self serve is back up. Likely an error message....things are a little screwy today. Do you have the $5/500 min add on? Just a heads up...if you run out of plan minutes and you don't have that add on it will use the free international minutes instead. Costly at $0.04 rather than $0.01 per minute. Keep an eye on your plan minutes. If you get low... I suggest adding it.

@Ed404 wrote:

@geopublic wrote:

@Ed404  Dial 611 fom your device and it will report back the correct renewal date and time.

Will that cost me minutes?

No.

Ed404

@geopublic wrote:

@Ed404  Dial 611 fom your device and it will report back the correct renewal date and time.

Will that cost me minutes?

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Ed404 wrote:

I just received a text from 611:

"Public Mobile: Heads up, your payment is due soon. Please ensure that you have enough funds in your account. If you have Autopay, please ignore this msg."

I activated only a few days ago and paid once already. Why am I being told to pay again soon?

Ed404

@ajcorrigan wrote:

I would say it's a bug, their site is being slammed right now due to some free holiday addons. Once Self-Serve is back online you could check your account to be sure it looks good, but it's probably just a bug in their messaging system.

Yeah I tried going to self-serve and noticed it was dead. That's to be expected these gifts are awesome!

Thanks

ajcorrigan
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I would say it's a bug, their site is being slammed right now due to some free holiday addons. Once Self-Serve is back online you could check your account to be sure it looks good, but it's probably just a bug in their messaging system.

Purplepan
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

This could be a bug, I got the same text in the middle of the month but did not experience any interruptions in service. I would recommend checking your self-serve account just in case. You can review when your next payment is coming up and your current balance there. 

Need Help? Let's chat.