cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment Date

Moodle
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I just switched to Public Mobile and got charged the monthly rate the day I started. Is this normal?

4 REPLIES 4

Postpaid accounts are 'invoiced', not billed, and sent (mail or email, etc) to be paid by a date in the future.  Service will normally continue if not paid prior to payment due date.

Public Mobile, service begins when paid.  Service stops if not renewed via payment on or before renewal date.

@Moodle wrote:

I just switched to Public Mobile and got charged the monthly rate the day I started. Is this normal?

@hairbag1's answer is correct.

We should note that even postpaid service charge a month in advance, although they will send  a bill that isn't due until later.

Moodle
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

That makes sense. Appreciate the quick reply!

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Moodle wrote:

Totally normal. As a prepaid service we pay up front for the next 30 or 90 day plan duration. Good deal considering we can't be billed for any overages. If we don't don't pay ahead of time, we don't have the service. If you run out of data, you won't be billed for overage...data will just stop until renewal date.

Welcome to Public Mobile.

Need Help? Let's chat.