cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment, Balance and Available Funds

lemonkitkat
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi Everyone,

I am a new sign up (5gb $40 plan) and I'm trying to fully understand what I'm seeing on my overview page. I have signed up for autopay using my credit card. I want to make sure Im in the clear for this month, and that I am right to assume that the info below is applicable to my upcoming/2nd billing cycle? I can see on my banking page that I have a charge for the correct amount, so I think Im good for this month, and what is below is for next month's bill...

Available Funds: $12.00 (Am I right to assume this is a credit rolling forward to my second month's payment? $10 for referral, and $2 for autopay? If this is the case, will PM deduct the available funds from what they will charge my CC?)

Payment Due Before: Jun 26, 2020

Payment for Next Cycle: $40.00

Amount Owing: $28.00

7 REPLIES 7

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@lemonkitkat When your plan is up for renewal a temporary plan suspension notice will appear on selfserve although confusing it is a normal part of Public Mobile's renewal process and in many ways it's best to simply not monitor the account during the renewal process.

If you are not familiar with the Public Mobile renewal process the temporary suspended status could easily cause concern and panic and and cause the customer to take unnecessary actions (Making onetime payments) that often result in account suspension possibly requiring moderator intervention and unnecessary downtime.

The way the PM renewal process works is as follows:

1. Plan will show "expired" sometime before midnight.
  2. Rewards get converted to available funds at midnight, rewards reset and account shows Suspended (temporary). So in your case your balance will be $14.00 because of the $2 AutoPay reward.
  3. In the early hours, if there any available funds,( in your case $14) they are credited first then if necessary your AutoPay credit card gets charged to cover the plan cost renewal. In your case that amount will be $26 plus applicable tax.
  4. Your plan gets renewed and the account status changes back to Active.

@lemonkitkat actually, for your next month you'll be paying $26 with another $2 off for auto-pay! 👍

lemonkitkat
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks so much everyone, for the confirmations and the welcome!

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

And welcome! 

🙂

buang99
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@lemonkitkat wrote:

Hi Everyone,

Available Funds: $12.00 (Am I right to assume this is a credit rolling forward to my second month's payment? $10 for referral, and $2 for autopay? If this is the case, will PM deduct the available funds from what they will charge my CC?) 

Available Funds is your extra balance in your account. It is gonna be spent on your next payment cycle.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@lemonkitkat - YES you are correct in what you said!.

Your 2nd month will be charged $28.00 plus taxes. Unless you receive any Community Rewards and it may be less. 😉

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@lemonkitkat wrote:

Hi Everyone,

I am a new sign up (5gb $40 plan) and I'm trying to fully understand what I'm seeing on my overview page. I have signed up for autopay using my credit card. I want to make sure Im in the clear for this month, and that I am right to assume that the info below is applicable to my upcoming/2nd billing cycle? I can see on my banking page that I have a charge for the correct amount, so I think Im good for this month, and what is below is for next month's bill...

You have $12 in Available Funds towards next renewal in 30 days. The balance will come from your on-file valid credit card...or if you pay manually.

Need Help? Let's chat.