cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mayor / Maire

Re: Paying for plan with account balance

@candice1 wrote:

I did not activate the sim card as soon as I got the it because I was using a different sim with a different network.

I have activated and have been using this public mobile sim for about a week now until I got the message that i had to pay before my account is suspened.pm.PNG

From my calculations you must have activated the sim or changed plans on the 12 Jan. Is this the day you bought your sim. Did you buy the sim bring it home and activate it a week ago like you mentioned or was it setup instore and you just set up the account a week ago? If it was done instore than that will be the activation date regardless if you did not start using it until a week ago.

Mayor / Maire

@candice1 wrote:

I did not activate the sim card as soon as I got the it because I was using a different sim with a different network.

I have activated and have been using this public mobile sim for about a week now until I got the message that i had to pay before my account is suspened.pm.PNG

Interesting. Yeah it all looks fine to me. Whatever term you had, expired yesterday and to continue with it you need to pony up another $19. You could also choose to change the plan.

So I wonder if these promos have a time limit. Activated or not...it's good for say a month. Something like that. Maybe you got the SIM around about January 9th or 10th.

Mayor / Maire

@z10user4 wrote:

Interesting. Yeah it all looks fine to me. Whatever term you had, expired yesterday and to continue with it you need to pony up another $19. You could also choose to change the plan.

So I wonder if these promos have a time limit. Activated or not...it's good for say a month. Something like that. Maybe you got the SIM around about January 9th or 10th.

The promo's say most of the time, the latest anyways, to buy and activate by date.

@z10user4, this is correct, all promos are valid based on the activation date.  The purchase of the sim, has no bearing on the activation of it.

The SIM was activated on Jan 10, as you’ve surmized.  Quite possibly, the subscriber has made a plan change, and had it futuredated, and does not have AutoPay enabled.

Mayor / Maire

@krazykiwi wrote:

@z10user4 wrote:

The promo's say most of the time, the latest anyways, to buy and activate by date.

If candice1 would like to click on that little View Payment History link and take a screenshot of that, things might clear up even more. I'm curious how $26 dollars got in there from some kind of free promo.

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Okay, well then what is the purpose of the available balance if I can't use it? and no I did not change the plan nor did I set up autopay. 

The current plan is $45 should I change it to a lower plan? Also, what is the purpose the Available funds?

pm2.PNG

Mayor / Maire

Your current balance is 26$...and you need 45$ for your plan to be active...you have a credit/visa for pop-up your account and stay with your plan( still need 19$)??? Is that what you asked?? @candice1...sorry if I misunderstood...I try to help but my english is not very good...Smiley Frustrated

Mayor / Maire

Your available funds are the balance shown in your screenshot....26$ but not 45$.... @candice1