cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paying for plan with account balance

Mittens10
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello, I'm trying to pay for my plan and it won't let me even though I have enough money in my account, the plan I got last month was the $20 dollar Unlimited talk province wide, I have 24 dollars in my account and it won't take it. How do I pay it?

45 REPLIES 45

Anonymous
Not applicable

@candice1 wrote:

Yes I have rebooted my phone several time and removed and inserted the sim several times. My account is still suspended

I'm curious about the promo.

Did it work for a month?

Did you put money into the Available Funds?

What actual plan is it supposedly on as the promo?

Did you change it?

Could you post a screenshot of your overview page? Blank out personal info of course.

candice1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Yes I have rebooted my phone several time and removed and inserted the sim several times. My account is still suspended

Have you tried to restart your phone also?

Does your self serve still showing "account suspended"

candice1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

At a recent promotion held at my college I recieved a free sim card and plan that is supposed to last the month. I have $26 in my available balance and only $19 is due to reactivate my plan however my account is still suspended. I can't send or recieve any calls. i have already tried troubleshooting with the lost/found tab and I added a dollar to my account to see if that would kick start it but nothing has worked so far. I NEED HELP NOW!!!!! 

Mittens10

Yes, everything is payed for and working now! Thanks everyone!

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Mittens10 by now (or a bit later today), your acount should be back to "Active".  Are your services still working normally?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Anonymous
Not applicable

To flesh out RobertQc's chronology:

At 7pm ET it'll say Plan Expired in red.

At 00:00 ET it'll say suspended.

Around 12:20am ET it'll convert any rewards into Available Funds.

Around 2am ET it'll renew from Available Funds and if not enough there it'll go to autopay for the rest and if that doesn't succeed then it will stay suspended and turn off the service. Until then your service should stay working. Don't worry about all the dire warnings until your service stops working.

Then finally around noon ET if all is good you'll get a text saying all is good.

@Mittens10 wrote:

Okay, thank you for the quick response! I do still have service, I thought I didn't though as it said it was expired. If they take my money, I will accept your reply as a solution 🤗

Thanks, hope everything goes as planned 🙂 

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@Mittens10

On the day your payment is due, then here's what to expect:
1. Expiration of completed period. Account will show "plan expired" sometime before midnight tonight.
2. Conversion of all rewards (including autopay) to available funds at midnight; rewards reset. Payment not collected yet at this point.  Account will show "Your account has been suspended" in big red letters.
3. In early hours of the morning, available funds will be used (if any), credit card will be charged (if necessary), plan will be renewed. Account status will then show "active."

@Mittens10 wrote:

Okay, thank you for the quick response! I do still have service, I thought I didn't though as it said it was expired. If they take my money, I will accept your reply as a solution 🤗

You are welcome. If for some reason the service stops there are a few tricks you can try to activate it again.

Login to self serve - Plan & add-ons - Lost/Stolen phone - Suspend service.
Logout and wait a few minutes then login and select found phone.
This will not blacklist your phone.

Others found adding $1 to your account works too

wetcoaster
Mayor / Maire

@Mittens10 wrote:

Hello, I'm trying to pay for my plan and it won't let me even though I have enough money in my account, the plan I got last month was the $20 dollar Unlimited talk province wide, I have 24 dollars in my account and it won't take it. How do I pay it?

If your available funds are equal or greater than the plan cost the system will simply deduct the plan cost from the available funds on your renewal day. You don't have to do anything (in fact, once the process is started you should just let it do it's thing and don't get involved in any way, no matter how scary all those red notifications look like. As long as you can use your phone that stuff is just part of the ride here at Public Mobile.

In terms of payment: the system will first convert any  rewards (auto pay being the "easiest") into available funds, then takes the plan cost from the available funds, and only then, if there are not enough available funds, it will go and charge the remainder and the according taxes to your credit card.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Mittens10 wrote:

When is your renewal date?

If your renewal date is a few days away, you can wait a few days.

You cannot renew early using your self-serve account.  You need moderator to renew the same plan early for you.  But you can renew early with a plan change yourself.

Mittens10

krazykiwi
Mayor / Maire

@Mittens10 wrote:

You don't need to try and pay. If you have sufficient funds it will take it automatically.

EDIT: As @Someone_here mentioned, if you still have service don't worry about it. If you do not have service let us know.

If either response to your particular request leads to the resolution of your issue , please help other community members by marking that post as the solution. Thank You

Someone_here
Mayor / Maire

If your service hasn't stopped working and today is your renewal date, don't do anything.

It's normal for your selfserve account to show that you are in expired status (or something like that) for a day, don't worry 😉

Need Help? Let's chat.