cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paying for multiple accounts with same credit card on same day

cowtree
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I just switched one of the three phones on my Fido account to PM and now want to transfer the other two.

Based on previous posts here, I understand some people in the past had problems using the same credit card to pay for multiple accounts on the same day.

Do people still encounter this problem?

Wondering if I should stagger the two transfers over two days and/or use different credit cards to sign up and auto-pay.

8 REPLIES 8

PublicHelper
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I had 4 lines too, but I signed them up separately because they're for different people.  However, they were all set up with autopay using the same credit card.  There's no problem.  Check the available credit on your credit card if you're paying instantly instead of setting up autopay?

jsmarjara
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

You can let Credit card company know that there are three transaction with same amount from PM. This will help you to avoid any confusion.

noodles123
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@cowtree all three people in our family switched to PM at the same time, and we set up the three accounts to be paid on the same day with the same credit card. So far, no issues whatsoever. 

@totalUser wrote:

Hi @cowtree 

At the moment my card is on 5 different accounts 3 of which are due on the safe day with 2 of them on the same plan, I was worried cc word think it was a repeat and would block it.

I never allow autopay to go through. I pay well in advance and at least once I paid all 5 on the same day. I do have double the due on each account just in case.. if you do it two weeks in advance if anything happens you have lots of time to talk to moderators about it and sell maintain your card. 

One thing I was thinking of was start paying only 2 per month. They would mean I would have to put large amounts and have to be paying only about 2 at the time to avoid issue. But I didn't have issues by now.

One more thing, Koho gives 2.5% cashbacks with public mobile, I highly recommend. If you are interested in referral bonus ($20-$60) message me

Welcome to public mobile

A lot of work to top up 5 accounts manually every 30 days.  I don't do top ups, let the system do what it is supposed to do.  I do know that multiple purchases from the same vendor in a short time period is one of the checks that my credit card company looks for.  I have had my card blocked when I tried buying the same item twice within 5 minutes of each other.  I bought one, paid and then decided to get two.  The second purchased failed.  I called in to see what had happened and they explained that I tripped the anti fraud system.  I was told the system does learn but there was no guarantees that it would not happen again in the future. 

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

Hi @cowtree 

At the moment my card is on 5 different accounts 3 of which are due on the safe day with 2 of them on the same plan, I was worried cc word think it was a repeat and would block it.

I never allow autopay to go through. I pay well in advance and at least once I paid all 5 on the same day. I do have double the due on each account just in case.. if you do it two weeks in advance if anything happens you have lots of time to talk to moderators about it and sell maintain your card. 

One thing I was thinking of was start paying only 2 per month. They would mean I would have to put large amounts and have to be paying only about 2 at the time to avoid issue. But I didn't have issues by now.

One more thing, Koho gives 2.5% cashbacks with public mobile, I highly recommend. If you are interested in referral bonus ($20-$60) message me

Welcome to public mobile

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@cowtree, there used to be a bug where using the same credit card on a third account would result in rejection.  I don't think the bug exists anymore.  I am up to 5 accounts with the same card at the moment.  One thing you should do is to try and set up accounts on different days.  The reason for this is to make sure the anti fraud detection systems used by your credit card company will not reject multiple payments to the same vendor in a very short period of time.  It was a bit of work but all my accounts have different renewal dates. 

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@cowtree stagger the transfer over 2 days and enter the same credit card if there is some benefit to you exactly the way you first entered it. Also don't to get to use your referral code on the 2 new accounts. And that each account needs a unique email.

@cowtree wrote:

I just switched one of the three phones on my Fido account to PM and now want to transfer the other two.

Based on previous posts here, I understand some people in the past had problems using the same credit card to pay for multiple accounts on the same day.

Do people still encounter this problem?

Wondering if I should stagger the two transfers over two days and/or use different credit cards to sign up and auto-pay.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

You could use different credit cards.  Make sure you use your referral code for the other two accounts to get the referral award.

Need Help? Let's chat.