cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paying for a mobile phone plan with an international creditcard

Daniel95
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Dear community,

As an exchange student from the Netherlands, I was looking for a new sim-card provider here in Canada, BC and Public Mobile sounded like a good deal.

To start the plan, I had to buy a SIM-card which was no problem at all when paying with my Dutch creditcard (which works everywhere in Canada and is a Master card. Now when I'm trying to put a data-plan on it, it just refuses international creditcards. 

I think it's quite saddening that a company does sell it's creditcards to people that have an international creditcard and than now allow them to put a data-plan on it with that same creditcard.

Is there a way to get my money back or a solution to fix this problem?

6 REPLIES 6

@Lieux wrote:

Wiilcomen in Canada!!! Und es gibt immer eine  lösung... @Daniel95...Smiley Wink

Recharge.com or perhaps you can have one K Mobile near your place....https://www.k-mobile.ca/store-locator-phone-store-near-me/ 

@Lieux

I know your are meaning well, but I think you are mixing up your languages... This is German. 😉 I know some people from the Netherlands whose parents would be offended by this (for historic reasons).

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Daniel95

And recharge.com is a Dutch company!

(I think)

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

Wiilcomen in Canada!!! Und es gibt immer eine  lösung... @Daniel95...Smiley Wink

Recharge.com or perhaps you can have one K Mobile near your place....https://www.k-mobile.ca/store-locator-phone-store-near-me/ 

Recharge.com was mentioned and they take paypal.  This wouldn't be a easy, but you could also by top up vouchers from some variety corner stores and some drug and groceries stores.  Or if you have a close friend who is willing, you could have tbe friend pay the bill and you and you just give your friend cash.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Daniel95 wrote:

Dear community,

As an exchange student from the Netherlands, I was looking for a new sim-card provider here in Canada, BC and Public Mobile sounded like a good deal.

To start the plan, I had to buy a SIM-card which was no problem at all when paying with my Dutch creditcard (which works everywhere in Canada and is a Master card. Now when I'm trying to put a data-plan on it, it just refuses international creditcards. 

I think it's quite saddening that a company does sell it's creditcards to people that have an international creditcard and than now allow them to put a data-plan on it with that same creditcard.

Is there a way to get my money back or a solution to fix this problem?

Yes. PM does not accept international credit card.  But you can buy topup voucher from recharge.com to activate your PM plan and pay for your monthly fee.

Alex888
Mayor / Maire

You won't be able to use your credit card directly on this site, but you can go to www.recharge.com and use your card to buy a Public Mobile voucher then use the voucher to load the funds into your account. Make sure you enter in the voucher code exactly as it's shown, capitals/lower case/ect.

Need Help? Let's chat.