cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paying for Service and Texts.

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

While I don't understand why there are few here that don't want any texts from PM, I can now protest as well. 

I don't mind getting them but too many is one too many. 

You get a reminder a few days ahead of time ... ok

On your payment date, you get a payment completed around 9 am ... ok

On your payment date, you get another confirmation of where the payment came from around 9 pm ... not ok!!!

Why can't you get those 2 messages at once on your payment date....time....any time after 9 am and before 8 pm??????

12 REPLIES 12

@computergeek541 wrote:

@CountyDownIeUk wrote:

While I don't understand why there are few here that don't want any texts from PM, I can now protest as well. 

On your payment date, you get another confirmation of where the payment came from around 9 pm ... not ok!!!

Why can't you get those 2 messages at once on your payment date....time....any time after 9 am and before 8 pm??????

Public Mobile isn't even supposed to send these messages afer 8:59pm (eastern) or after 5:59pm (pacific) and not before 12pm (eatern) or 9am (pacific). This has been an ongoing issues for several months.  

@J_PM 

Is this issue going to be fixed?

Times are interesting @computergeek541  I have getting mine in BC between 9 and 9:15 am for a looooooong time. And the recently new second message at 9 pm or a tiny bit before. 

Maybe some one needs to fix some switches.  

@Meow wrote:

@CountyDownIeUk wrote:

@softech  I hear ya!! But even if you have auto pay....there will be some out there that DO still need the reminder to make sure they have money in their account. It gives couple of days to make sure you pay on time using auto-pay or with a voucher. 

This 2 statements are little bit confusing. If you are on autopay you have nothing to worry about.

Not true.  Auto pay can fail. And it did when we had Telus prepaid. And PM inherited the problem. It’s been a problem for a couple of decades....time to fix eh.

Autopay will try to take money from your account and top up charging your credit card. I guess you are strong believer in hybrid model so that is why mention 'sure they have money...etc;'.

Absolutely. All of my accounts have a few months paid in advance. Bad on me if I need or want to leave. But I can live with the text warning that my payment is soon due. From previous experiences I don’t trust auto pay and more so if you don’t use the phone regularly......with Telus you had no idea it was not working. But perhaps with PM telling you that your payment happened successfully there is another message if it was unsuccessful.....if the latter is correct....how does no service allow a text? And with most friends and family with iPhones  95% of texting is over wifi with iMessage. 

Reminder to pay is OK. It comes 2-3 days ahead of renewal so those who use hybrid pay mode have enough time to add money to account.

Second SMS is telling you how much reward money have been applied.

Third SMS tells you your bill has been paid and you are good to go for the net 30 days.

Let’s get second and third back to same time. 

I do not see why is this a reason to be upset. Add 611 to your address book, assign silent notification and they will not bother you again.

I am more mildly annoyed at the second text. And I don’t feel that blocking is a good idea.   

@CountyDownIeUk wrote:

Public Mobile isn't even supposed to send these messages afer 8:59pm (eastern) or after 5:59pm (pacific) and not before 12pm (eatern) or 9am (pacific). This has been an ongoing issues for several months.  

@J_PM 

Is this issue going to be fixed?

@softech wrote:

@Meow wrote:

I do not see why is this a reason to be upset. Add 611 to your address book, assign silent notification and they will not bother you again.

.. but this is dangerous.. people would miss the text about Autopay failed and then .

Most definitely! This was just suggestion for OP if SMS from PM are annoying him/her.

@Meow wrote:

.. but this is dangerous.. people would miss the text about Autopay failed and then will come here and upset why on one advise them payment didn't go through and they lost service for days..

@CountyDownIeUk wrote:

@softech  I hear ya!! But even if you have auto pay....there will be some out there that DO still need the reminder to make sure they have money in their account. It gives couple of days to make sure you pay on time using auto-pay or with a voucher. 

This 2 statements are little bit confusing. If you are on autopay you have nothing to worry about. Autopay will try to take money from your account and top up charging your credit card. I guess you are strong believer in hybrid model so that is why mention 'sure they have money...etc;'.

Reminder to pay is OK. It comes 2-3 days ahead of renewal so those who use hybrid pay mode have enough time to add money to account.

Second SMS is telling you how much reward money have been applied.

Third SMS tells you your bill has been paid and you are good to go for the net 30 days.

@will13am wrote:

An extra text message here and there are no big deal.  It is the auto pay failure that seems to persist that is the real issue.  

Here and there......no way.....it is consistent and needs to be put back to both at the same time. 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

An extra text message here and there are no big deal.  It is the auto pay failure that seems to persist that is the real issue.  

When you do a top up there is 2 choices and one will not allow a top up if your balance meets or exceeds your next payment. That could get screwed up if you bought an add-on I guess, in between the time you get the reminder and your payment date. 

So my thought would be....no reminder "IF" your balance exceeded your payment due. But there are faults that could happen there as well. 

I am ok with the reminder.....just not the 2 separate ones on the same day. 

@dabr That is what I thought. I have been around here for a couple of years and have 3 PM accounts and 3 community accounts. 1 PM account will never see a text or use of data so that one is ok...flying by my reminders but the other 2....mine and my wifes are ok other than the 2 separate texts. The 2 texts on one day must be bothering others as well. 

To me PM only changes the web site for Promos and what they want to change and I have not seen any changes that we have brought to their attention, ever been done. All the stuff I find is errors or in more that one spot and contradicts each other. 

To develop a wish list....would be hopeless. 

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@CountyDownIeUk wrote:

@CountyDownIeUk    Those two messages (payment received/rewards applied) used to come within a few minutes of each other until a few months ago and yeah kinda annoying to receive them 12 hours apart now. 

PM is aware of this (AFAIK) and supposed to be working to get it fixed.  TBH I don't understand why it's taking so long.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@CountyDownIeUk   

totally agree.. 

to be honest, the first reminder couple days ago.. if the system is smart enough, it should suppress it for anyone who has Autopay.

The one saying Payment success or Payment fail is definitely needed.  In fact, if payment failed, they should have 2 or 3 reminders and/or email reminders

haha.. the 9pm one.. it's certainly just a reminder that PM still in business . .LoL

Need Help? Let's chat.