Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paying for Plan before New Cycle Start

ashleyb17
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi there, 

I pay $40.00 /month for unlimited talk and text also 4.5GB of data

My plan will expiry and restart October 11th 2019, however in the past when I have put money on my account BEFORE it ends, nothing happens. 

Is there a way to put  money on your account close to or before cycle ends? 

Especially when My data is done. Do I have to just buy $10.00 add on's each time until my bill cycle starts again.... if so, thats kinda sucky. 

Please help... I dont want to pay $30.00 for 1GB of data, when I gonna pay $40.00 in about a week for my entire plan.

10 REPLIES 10

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@ashleyb17 wrote:

Hi there, 

My plan will expiry and restart October 11th 2019, however in the past when I have put money on my account BEFORE it ends, nothing happens. 

@ashleyb17  Even if you add funds into your account PM will only use the funds during your plan' renewal. The only way it will use the funds is if you change plans or purchase an add-on.

You can put money into your account anytime you want using the credit card on file or a voucher that you can purchase online or from a reatil location.

PM-Pay1.JPG

PM-Pay2.JPG

Especially when My data is done. Do I have to just buy $10.00 add on's each time until my bill cycle starts again.... if so, thats kinda sucky. 

As others have mentioned you can change plans with more or less data. If you want to renew the same plan you need to submit a ticket and ask the moderator team to do it for you.

To submit a ticket to the Public Moderator Team click here . Enter Submit Ticket and then click on the Contact Us link. To access the Public Moderator Team Assistance form then select the Click me! link.

Please help... I dont want to pay $30.00 for 1GB of data, when I gonna pay $40.00 in about a week for my entire plan.

Renew your existing plan or switch to the $50 plan.

Unfortunately, you cannot renew to the same plan before your renewal.  However, that can be done by contacting moderators via SIMon here: https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/  Moderators will be able to change you to you current plan immediately, but keep in mind hearing back from them could be anywhere from 2-48 hours.

But I think @iliketotalk suggestion of upgrading to the $50 plan with more data might be more practical and less hassel if you are constantly using up all your plan data before the next renewal.

I like this answer too. If you look at it this way, adding any add on will bring your $40 plan to $50. Moderators may take 48 hours. If you use most of the 8.5 - 9GB you may find out that it is the better plan for you.

If not, I doubt the $40 plan is going anywhere. Any plan could disappear, but this is a STAPLE in my mind. In 28 days or LESS, you can set to change your plan to the $40 plan for the next cycle. No loss of service, your out $10 and you've had a boatload of data for a month and had the chance to decide what plan is RIGHT for you.

chukdefatey
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@ashleyb17 wrote:

Hi there, 

Why is it Sucky? Would you Rather have overages without you knowing and all your Positive Balance Disappear with Data Overages?   

FYI. The Canadian Add ons for Data are Pricey but keep in mind they are a one time purchase and will remain on your account till you have used it all up. So that is the Beauty of it. 

Lowufo
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

It depends on how much data you will need. If you can get by with just a little ad a $10 add on then on your billing date change plans to a plan that has more data. If you did not want to that you could just do the larger plan and the billing date would start for the date you purchased the new plan.

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

One minute thing you could consider is buying smaller plan now and then buying 40 plan when it runs out.

But do go on autopay, it's nothing but benefits. Still keep paying manually

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

Consider having autopay, 500m doesn't sound like much but it really can carry you for at least another week. You also save 2 monthly

If you already are on it, consider restricting some apps' background data, check your usage for that and turn off wifi fallback or whatever it's called where data kicks in If wifi is weak,otherwise this will keep happening

If you find yourself still short month to month, just upgrade. You can do it yourself rightaway

1g addon is not that bad if you are careful you can carry it for over a year without need to upgrade, in that sense it's not really too expensive

If you are short on time and you must have it rightaway you can immediately upgrade and after that schedule 40 for the next renewal plan

smp99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hi @ashleyb17 

Do you have auto pay enabled? That should get you an extra 500mb. You may have to 'switch' to this plan if you are on a grandfathered $40 plan before the data bonus. The auto-pay bonus plan is still $40 ($38 after autopay)

Or as pointed out, bump up to the $50 plan for 8.5GB of data.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@ashleyb17 wrote:

Hi there, 

Unfortunately, you cannot renew to the same plan before your renewal.  However, that can be done by contacting moderators via SIMon here: https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/  Moderators will be able to change you to you current plan immediately, but keep in mind hearing back from them could be anywhere from 2-48 hours.

But I think @iliketotalk suggestion of upgrading to the $50 plan with more data might be more practical and less hassel if you are constantly using up all your plan data before the next renewal.

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

@ashleyb17 wrote:

Hi there, 

Choices are keep using plan now with no data or buy add-ons and wait unt Oct 11 change or change plan immediately. If you do it immediately, full $40 is paid now and rest of old plan and payment won't be given back.

iliketotalk
Mayor / Maire

@ashleyb17 hi if you think you may run out all the time you may want to go to the 50 dollar plan with 8 gigs Smiley Happy you can renew now if you want 

Need Help? Let's chat.