cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paying by Phone/611

Obice
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hello,

Today I went to top up my account for my upcoming bill and when asked for a payment voucher or credit card, I went with credit card and to my dismay and some irritation the automated voice said that I could only pay by credit card if I registered one online first.

Well I don't like using the website to do things because I find it finicky; it comes up with errors and such. I was hoping that I could use my visa debit to pay my bill over the phone... like any "ordinary" phone service, alas, this is apparently incorrect.

Do I have to make a payment with my visa debit online first before I am able to pay by phone? If so, why?

4 REPLIES 4

Obice
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Thanks Smiley Frustrated

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

@Obice wrote:

Hello,

Today I went to top up my account for my upcoming bill and when asked for a payment voucher or credit card, I went with credit card and to my dismay and some irritation the automated voice said that I could only pay by credit card if I registered one online first.

Well I don't like using the website to do things because I find it finicky; it comes up with errors and such. I was hoping that I could use my visa debit to pay my bill over the phone... like any "ordinary" phone service, alas, this is apparently incorrect.

Do I have to make a payment with my visa debit online first before I am able to pay by phone? If so, why?

Yes, it has to be setup online first.

Public Mobile's 611 service has only basic functions.

Pay for your services through *611
Pay with a credit card
Please note you’ll need to pre-register a payment card via Self-Serve before being able to top-up through *611 with a payment card.
  1. Dial *611 from your phone.
  2. Press 1 from the main menu.
  3. Press 2 to pay with your pre-registered payment card.
  4. To make a payment equal to the amount due on your account, press 1. To select the payment amount from a list of options (i.e. $20, $40, etc.), press 2.
  5. To confirm your selection, press 1 once again, and you’ll hear a message confirming your choice.
Pay with a payment voucher
  1. Press 1 from the main menu.
  2. Press 1 to select payment via voucher.
  3. Enter the 12 digit pin from your payment voucher. The location of the PIN varies depending on where you purchase your voucher; however, you will typically find it on the top or the bottom of your receipt. Below is an example, so you know what to look for:
Public Mobile - Knowledge Base Articles Overhaul DESIGN-Receipts Aug9

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Obice 

Unfortunately, you have to register your VISA debit card first online (don't actually need to pay online), then you can pay via dialing 611 afterwards.  That is how the Public mobile system works.  

You could buy payment vouchers instore or online (via recharge.com - service fee applies) with your VISA debit and then pay by dialing 611.  

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@ObiceYou have to register the credit card via selfserve before you can access it via 611. One reasons is you cannot enter address via the voice interface.

Need Help? Let's chat.