cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payed wrong account

tandj
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have two separate phone numbers in my name.  One gets paid on the 9th and the other on the 11th. This morning I received a message saying that my auto pay did not go through. I followed the instructions to my account and did the self-serve pay option. But the problem is I think I paid the bill that isn’t supposed to come out until the 11th. How do I go about shifting that payment over to the proper phone number?

6 REPLIES 6

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

@tandj wrote:

I have two separate phone numbers in my name.  One gets paid on the 9th and the other on the 11th. This morning I received a message saying that my auto pay did not go through. I followed the instructions to my account and did the self-serve pay option. But the problem is I think I paid the bill that isn’t supposed to come out until the 11th. How do I go about shifting that payment over to the proper phone number?

There's no fund transfer feature. Moderators might be okay with doing a fund transfer, but they could say it's against policy. It's going to be at the descretion of the moderator.

The account that renews in 2 days on the 11th will just use the funds you mistakingly added to it when it renews, it wont leave the funds sitting there and bill your card for renewal. Thus forget about it and just worry about getting the one that renewed today going again. Or delay renewing this one until the 11th so they are both renewing the same day! I find that a convenient scenario with my two plans.

AE_Collector

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@tandj 

I would leave the payment where it is and pay the earlier account to get it fixed up.

You'll still get the auto-pay benefit to each account.

Just make sure to check available balances and payment history after the 11th to ensure the flow of payments and plan charges and rewards all balance.

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

@tandj 

Login to the account that should renew today.

What is the status and what is the balance?

If status is active (balance will be 0 then) it means you paid the right one

If it's not working restart and if that doesn't help at one more buck and restart.

If the status is suspended and balance is amount of your plan, then got reactivate and add one more dollar, then restart your phone.

If it's suspended and the balance is 0, you probably paid the wrong one (check payment history to confirm) please hit reactivate, pay for the plan then restart.

In that case the money for the other plan will be applied towards your other phone in two days

Also don't worry about autopay rewards, you wil still collect them even if you post manually, as long as you stay registered for it

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@tandj 

It might be easier just to pay your Dec 9 account now.  Keep the money for the December 11 account.  If possible and you have enough funds.

Otherwise, you will need to contact moderator and takes usually at least a few hours for moderators to respond. Click on chat bubble on right lower corner of website. Follow prompts to submit ticket for moderator help. 

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@tandj wrote:

@tandj As PM is prepaid and it would probably take a month to get your money back you might as well just leave it to be used in 2 days and pay the correct account on your own. If you prefer to take it up with Public Mobile, contact a moderator.

You can contact the moderators one of 2 ways. Open a ticket through the automated ticketing system (SIMON) at the following link;

https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

or you can contact them through direct messaging at the following link (note this way may take longer for a response);

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

In either case you should receive a reply within 48 hours though typically they are much faster. Watch the envelope icon top right for a reply.

Need Help? Let's chat.