cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payed for voucher not working

Tismikeyg
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Is there a real support person I can get in touch with? I just f* spent 40 to upgrade and pay for my plan to be told the vouchers no good? I bought a voucher at Loblaws last week and it worked fine but now wth

9 REPLIES 9

@dlambro 

Extra sim cards definetly. Extra vouchers not so much....that's where ding.com and recharge.com become useful albeit with a fee. Shell service stations and 7/11 are two (generally open 24 hours) retailers who sell public mobile vouchers that are immediately valid once purchased. Buy 'em and load 'em!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ottawa : Yes. It's the same as 611 except you can access an account from any phone. 611 only works on that phone on that account. The difference is that you need to enter the phone number of the account.

Some don't like the fact that anyone can hear your balance and due date if they know your phone number. meh You still need your 4 digit PIN to do anything else serious. Just like 611.

dlambro
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Tismikeyg,  Try the voucher again and see if it works, give the website some time to accept the voucher, don't be in a rush.  If you are in a panic and need a voucher right away, maybe someone on this site can help you out.  Some people may have extra vouchers on hand?

ottawa

Thanks, you mean 1-855-4PUBLIC ? I didn't know that either. Very helpful, thanks (though I probably won't buy vouchers from RCSS again).

@Anonymous 

Thanks I did not know this.🍉

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ottawa : You can get into any account using 18554public and remit vouchers to it. fyi

ottawa

To reiterate what was said above, I've had trouble with vouchers from Loblaws (or RCSS) on the website, but they worked on 611. It's a challenge if you're out of PM coverage at the time, or topping up a friend's/relative's account where you don't have access to their handset.

Interestingly, I recently bought vouchers online from a dealer in Toronto (I had a reason) and they worked on the website. Maybe it's getting better.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Tismikeyg....you bought an actual Public Mobile voucher...correct ? Earlier today, someone said they couldn't get the voucher applied...but sounds like it was a Telus payment voucher in that instance.

Remember that some vouchers aren't "activated" until several hours after the sale. You can call 611 to apply the voucher to your account.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Tismikeyg 

What exactly is the issue with the voucher? Did you try it thru 611? Here's a member created reference guide....

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/Voucher-Catalogue/m-p/479165#...

Need Help? Let's chat.