cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pay for 90days renewal ($114) by CC been charged $128.82

lwbadea
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

So I've payed for renewal for my 90 days plan, $114, but I was surprised to see that my CC was charged more ($128.82).

Nothing extracharge on my history to be outside the plan so I don't know where this extra amount can come? 

Anybody a clue about this? 

Thanks

10 REPLIES 10

BobNedela

!

affanzaheer
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

it also depends on your provice, as different provinces has different types of taxes.

thanks

anya
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Ok that makes sense. Thank you for the explanation.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@anya  i believe the issue is because credit card payments are a "newish feature".  I am just guessing but,  I think the system was founded on paying with vouchers, which people paid taxes at the point of sale, and topped up based on the face (pretax) value. I believe trying  to include taxes etc (guessing again) would break our already fragile system.

anya

Well I have only been with PM a very short time, but I just checked how my payment/transaction history looks and it only shows the pre-tax figures. It would be less confusing for people if it showed the taxes too. This question seems to have come up quite a few times.

mimmo

@lwbadea  this question is asked alot.  there is a footnote on the payment page that does say:

"† Credit or Visa Debit payments include taxes based on the applicable province of your phone number. GST/HST# 10065 2692, QST# 10029 28058. Click here for Provincial and Federal tax rates."

but reading it, it does sound confusing, it might be better if it is changed to "taxes will be added to Credit or Visa Debit payments based...."

lwbadea

I was thinking the same, but generally when you go to payment, the real and final total is shown; not this time for me. 

Anyway thank you for your replies.

anya

All prices are quoted pre-tax. If $114 is the base cost of your plan and taxes are 13% in your province (eg like in Ontario) then that makes sense. 13% if $114 is $14.82. $114 plus $14.82 adds up to $128.82. 

mimmo

provincial and federal taxes.

all prices on the website are pre tax.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @lwbadea,  If you are seeing 114 in your account history, the difference should be the tax.  What province are you in?  Is the tax rate 13% in your province?

Need Help? Let's chat.