cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pay but then showing deactivated

toledolinda
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi all,

First of all I have been with the Public since Nov 2019. and I have had never had any issue.

I paid ahead which showed up on my credit card as paid. My account was suppose to renew today and then wham account not active.

I had to spent time waiting to hear, meanwhile I cannot explain what has occured. To make matters worse after many messages back and forth, the account is magically active, but the rewards which I have been saving for the last 2 years vanished and NOW I have to show proof I had them.

My questions are;

1. Was there an issue with payment processing

2. Has anything changed on the autopay?

3. Has anything changed on the pay ahead? (if you pay in advance of autopay, I have NEVER had an issue with this)

4. Why did this happen, was it a glitch?

5. Why were the rewards taken away (never used at all!)

6. Is something changing that I am not aware of? (Never had any issues with Public until this renewal of plan)

Sincerely,

One very upset Customer 😔😞

22 REPLIES 22

@toledolinda 

Thank you for the update and relating you very strange glitch. This is the third incidence of a renewal failure ( mine being the first I knew about nearly 2 years ago.) However in my case only my renewal was affected stopping after rewards had been applied and the $10 30 DAY PLAN charge was debited. My rewards and add ons were not affected.

It would be advisable to check your account once a week for the next couple of months and take a screenshot of your overview page ( I do so before and after every renewal.) As about 6 weeks after my renewal failure my plan renewed mid cycle ( I had a positive balance in my available funds) on the basic $10 plan that was no longer on offer but had inexplicably changed to it. It took some due diligence on the part of a CSA over the next 6 weeks for my plan/account to renew properly.

Thanks for sharing in case it does happen to some one else!

@toledolinda wrote:

Just wanted to say Thank You to all who assisted helped. 

I received a message today that they were able to restore the missing add-ons based on the screen shots which I have provided, they also included;

Please log in to your self serve account and please confirm if you see and if you have him and please accept my sincere apology for the fact that these add-ons disappeared after the renewal process and I will report this matter so other customers may not experience this matter and for this to not happen in the future! 

So hopefully going forward no one else encounters this issue.

All is great in the world again 😁😊🤓

For future reference, please choose a mesage post other than your own as the solution.  I have changed the solution as a way to give credit to a member who informed you that you needed a CSA to fix this issue.

toledolinda

Just wanted to say Thank You to all who assisted helped. 

I received a message today that they were able to restore the missing add-ons based on the screen shots which I have provided, they also included;

Please log in to your self serve account and please confirm if you see and if you have him and please accept my sincere apology for the fact that these add-ons disappeared after the renewal process and I will report this matter so other customers may not experience this matter and for this to not happen in the future! 

So hopefully going forward no one else encounters this issue.

All is great in the world again 😁😊🤓

toledolinda

@Anonymous 

Will do. Once I hear back, I will post an update. 

Have a great day everyone 😎

Anonymous
Not applicable

@toledolinda : Did you try another browser?

You have screenshots of your add-ons which is great.

Take screenshots of your Usage History to prove to CSA you did not used them all at once.

When you said you 'paid ahead' does it mean you added funds into your account so PM would take those funds first, correct?

Were you short on funds and when autopay (if set up) kicked in it failed?

Be persistent with CSA and let us know how it got resolved and what the issue was.

toledolinda

@Anonymous 

I cannot post something like this, because all of it is gone now. Nothing there shows all the information I had!

This is why I am trying to find out what happened between last night to today, and if it was some sort of a glitch that would have removed all my information. 

I was logged in this morning when the account was in the inactive status (but I did not get the screen shot)

Anonymous
Not applicable

@toledolinda : It seems extremely unlikely you would have used all that data overnight. Can you post something like this. The stuff on the right of the actual screen is the private stuff. So crop that out. The top and bottom stuff is useless space for this purpose so crop that out.

z10user4_2-1634655937228.png

Another possibility is can you use a different browser or use incognito mode.

toledolinda

@Anonymous 

unless I magically used up all the add ons, not likely. It was all showing in the morning when I logged in to see the account inactive (I did not get a screen shot of that, I wish I had)

This is the screen shot showing what it was last night about 6PM (my time)

1-709 222 6671 showing add ons oct 18 2021 551 PM NEWFOUNDLAND TIME.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

@toledolinda : Isn't it possible then that you've consumed all of your features? The gifts were one-time add-ons. Add-ons work after you've used your plan feature. Over time you keep dipping in to them. Then finally they're done.

toledolinda

@Anonymous 

the gifts and bonuses, I have never had an issue with anything before.

Don't tell me I lost it because of some glitch. Like I said I have never had any issues until today.

I have a screen shot showing what was in my account as I was going close to my data and thankfully took a screen shot, or other wise I would have never had proof, which is also frustrating. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@toledolinda : They can see your payment history. As could we to help guide you if you'd be willing to post a screenshot.

Edit: What's this about add-ons? Are we talking the 4 rewards or are we talking gifts and bonuses?

toledolinda

additionally, seeing something like this ..

"Those add-ons weren't on your account prior renewing your plan, do you have any proof in terms of screenshots from your self serve account that you would've had those add-ons? "

Is a little disappointing. Hence why I made the post, will it ever come back ? 🤔

@toledolinda wrote:

1. it was working fine, but this is the first time ever that I was close to using all of my data up (in a long time)

5. Will they be put back? 

@toledolinda 

That question involves your account and only CS can answer that.

We are only users like you.

Keep us posted of the outcome.

toledolinda

already have a ticket in, but can they look to see what I had before?

toledolinda

1. it was working fine, but this is the first time ever that I was close to using all of my data up (in a long time)

5. Will they be put back? 

@toledolinda 

For your missing rewards, you need to contact CS:

https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

Type "missing rewards" and follow the prompts.

toledolinda

5. no I have not done anything differently at all.

How can I get back what I had?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@toledolinda : Are you saying that you had deposited money into your account before your renewal (30 day plans...not monthly) and that your services stopped working?
Maybe post screenshots of your overview page and payment history from here. Blank out personal info of course.

1. Seems to be. It happens.
2. Not that I know.
3. Not that I know.
4. Seems to be.
5. Did you possibly use the Lost/stolen function since your last renewal? Do you see any amounts in your Rewards area?
6. Not that I know.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@toledolinda 

Sorry to hear about your troubles. 

My questions are;

1. Was there an issue with payment processing

Looks like your payment went through, but the plan did not renew  properly.  On the night of the renewal, there are several different warnings (include inactive), but as long as your phone is working, the plan will renew successfully. Was your phone working or not with the warnings?

2. Has anything changed on the autopay?

Nothing has changed with autopay.

3. Has anything changed on the pay ahead? (if you pay in advance of autopay, I have NEVER had an issue with this)

No.  Several customers will pay ahead to be on the safe side.

4. Why did this happen, was it a glitch?

Likely a glitch.

5. Why were the rewards taken away (never used at all!)

When payment and renewal goes wrong, the rewards often also do not get applied properly.

6. Is something changing that I am not aware of? (Never had any issues with Public until this renewal of plan)

Nothing is really changed.  NO formal announcements. 

Sincerely,

One very upset Customer 😔😞

Hopefully, the CSA will get things all sorted out for you.  

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@toledolinda 

For your missing rewards, you need to contact CS:

https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

As you said, there are sometimes glitches in the autopay and the payment failed. You would then need to make a manual payment to reactivate the account.

Need Help? Let's chat.