cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pause AutoPay

golfball
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I would like to temporarily suspend my account and I'm currently paying through AutoPay. My available balance is $0. 

If I turn off AutoPay would I be able to accomplish this? Also, when I turn it back on will I receive the AutoPay reward immediately or will I get charged without it?

3 REPLIES 3

RosieR
Mayor / Maire

@golfball wrote:

I would like to temporarily suspend my account and I'm currently paying through AutoPay. My available balance is $0. 

If I turn off AutoPay would I be able to accomplish this? Also, when I turn it back on will I receive the AutoPay reward immediately or will I get charged without it?

Hi @golfball as already suggested above, yes, you can suspend your account and while in suspension, the account will not use autopay.

Here is how to suspend your account.

1. Log in your self serve account https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/

2.  Click the tab Plans and Add-ons

3.  Click Lost /Stolen Phone

4.  Click Suspend Service

suspend account lost-stolen phone.png

Please note that if your account is suspended for more than 90 days, your account will be deactivated and you will lose your phone number.

Stay safe

RosieR

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Hi @golfball 

Yes, you can turn off auto-pay and your account can remain in suspended status for up to 89 days before it becomes permanently deactivated

You can then reactivate with a full cycle payment to provide yourself with one cycle of service and then do it all over again if you choose to.

The auto-pay discount will only apply when the system auto renews based on an active payment card registered on the account upon renewal. 

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@golfball wrote:

@golfball hi as long as your account is not suspended more than 90 days that will work  I believe the first time you reactivate you will be charged the full amount 

Need Help? Let's chat.