cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paid twice, how do I get a refund?

john98
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I accidentally paid twice when changing up my plan, how do I get a refund?

9 REPLIES 9

@doctorsood wrote:

I paid accidentally twice 25 plus 25 = 50. My billing is $15 monthly and billing cycle is 21st of every month.

I am going to use the phone for a month more, paying $15 till my next billing date of 21st November.. I want balance of 35. What should I do? How do I terminate my service?

If you're not wanting to renew after current plan expires and you want a refund for any balance...click on the ? in lower right side of screen to start process of moderator intervention. Type "refund request" and follow direction to contact moderators. Please allow 24 - 48 hours for their response...but usually much less.

I'm not sure if they'll give you a refund but worth it to ask. Let us know how you fare.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@hairbag1 @cellphoneuser1 it sounds to me like @doctorsood only wants to use PM for one more cycle rather than continuing to use the Available Funds balance until it is depleated.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@doctorsood wrote:

I paid accidentally twice 25 plus 25 = 50. My billing is $15 monthly and billing cycle is 21st of every month.

I am going to use the phone for a month more, paying $15 till my next billing date of 21st November.. I want balance of 35. What should I do? How do I terminate my service?

Your cycle can't be on the 21st every month. You have a 30 day plan. I would just leave the extra in the account and keep using the service until the balance is gone.

@doctorsood wrote:

Public Mobile philosophy is no refunds...especially when customer errs. You can just keep using PM until your account balance is exhausted. Your plan will keep Active until your $50 balance is gone. 90 days after plan Expires...plan will close for good...you'll need a new sim and a new account if you want PM service agin.

To terminate service, you just don't renew your current plan. Remove credit card from autopay and delete credit card info. Plans are 30 days duration...you renew date will be different most months.

doctorsood
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@john98 wrote:

A warning shows if you make a plan change right away telling yiu that you have to pay again and no refund for past plan.

If just a top up twice by mistake, policy is no refund. Use the balance for next renewal.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@john98 

The extra charge should be in your available funds, which can be used for your next payment date.  

If you want a refund, you could contact moderator.  Refunds generally take some time.  You might want to just keep the funds in your account.  By the time you actually get the refund, your next month's account probably is due.  

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@john98 wrote:

If you've changed plans and accidentally paid twice you can just have the second payment applied to your plan for the next renewal.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@john98 wrote:

@john98  If the double payment was the result of an immediate plan change that you made, then I'm afraid a refund will not be possible. Best to ask the moderator team.

To contact Public Mobile click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Moderators are available: M-F from 8 AM to midnight Eastern time and S-S from 8 AM to 10 PM Eastern time.

Note: Moderator Hours are subject to change, but you can always find the current times here

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

Need Help? Let's chat.