cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paid outstanding balance - When does Service resume

gojays
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just found out that my credit card on file for autopay has expired. I have replaced the credit card on file with one that is not expired today and made the outstanding balance to hopefully reactivate my plan.

1) I am on auto-pay but I made my payment today to expedite the process of getting service back. Will I be double charged because I am on auto-pay? Will I remain on auto-pay for my next bill?

2) Because I just made my payment, when does my cellular service resume (as it has been deactivated)?

5 REPLIES 5

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@gojays wrote:

I just found out that my credit card on file for autopay has expired. I have replaced the credit card on file with one that is not expired today and made the outstanding balance to hopefully reactivate my plan.

1) I am on auto-pay but I made my payment today to expedite the process of getting service back. Will I be double charged because I am on auto-pay? Will I remain on auto-pay for my next bill?

2) Because I just made my payment, when does my cellular service resume (as it has been deactivated)?

Just in case - sometimes, autopay doesn't work properly. In order to prevend such problem, it is recommended to do manual payment even with enabled Autopay. if you have it, add funds to account manually with $1 extra than you should pay and reactivate the service.

Johnc2780
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

It generally takes less than an hour. If it still isn't working, you may have to have your phone re-register your sim card. To do this, remove your sim card and restart your phone without it, then shut down the phone and re-insert your sim card. The phone will re- register the sim card and you'll set to go.

gojays
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks.

I did a manual top up before I posted this thread.

I just checked now and service has been resumed.

Thank you both for your time and information. Bravo'd

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@gojays, if you are able to replace the credit card on file, try doing a manual top up and then apply the reactivate button in the overview.  There is no worries of double charge as the system uses account funds first and only taps the credit card as needed. 

sweden06
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

1) You won't be double charged. When you top-up your account with money, your monthly costs are applied towards that "credit" first. 

Autorenewal kicks in the second month.

Your cc only ever gets charged in the amount that exceeds your "credit" on your account (that's also how Promos and rewards are factored in). 

2.) Service should resume pretty quickly once you have toped-up and activated a plan again. If there is a problem, contact a Moderator immediately to sort everything out

Need Help? Let's chat.