This place is a joke they do not want to talk to their customer

8 REPLIES 8

jor123
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@chukdefatey wrote:

@Shields2k13 wrote:

how can I change the plan I have 15 on my account 

This Place is not a Joke, People here are willing to give up talking to customer service to save money on there monthly plans. Public Mobile's self serve website is designed to allow a customer to do almost 99% of the tasks on there own. Providers that have call center often lack self serve sites that allow you to do most things on there own and on top of that they now charge you for the call if you ask them to do something that can be done through there Pathetic Self Serve Sites. So Public Mobile is hell of lot better than others

What full-service carrier doesn't have a self-serve portal? Most of them are more developed and functional than PM's.

chukdefatey
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Shields2k13 wrote:

This Place is not a Joke, People here are willing to give up talking to customer service to save money on there monthly plans. Public Mobile's self serve website is designed to allow a customer to do almost 99% of the tasks on there own. Providers that have call center often lack self serve sites that allow you to do most things on there own and on top of that they now charge you for the call if you ask them to do something that can be done through there Pathetic Self Serve Sites. So Public Mobile is hell of lot better than others

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

@Shields2k13 wrote:

Hi @Shields2k13 Mistakes can happen. Sometimes its just a matter of understanding how Public Mobile works.

When you use the Self-Serve portal, there are a number of actions you can take
1. Manually add funds to your account. You can charge your credit card to put money in your Available Funds.
2. You also have to intiate another action to actually use the money in your Available Funds.
     (a) Purchase an Add-on.
     (b) Change your plan effective immediately.
     (c) Or simply wait for your plan renewal.

It looks like you did step 1 by making a $50 payment on your account.
If you did nothing else, then step 2(c) would have happened as usual.

Basically you also need to notify PM if you want to change plans. Otherwise the same plan you're on will simply be renewed every 30 days.

As others have said, if you choose to change your plan effective immediately, you will lose whatever you have left on your current plan since PM is prepaid and there is no prorating.

If you do require Moderator assistance, you will need to send a private message to Moderator_team. Response time varies up to 2+ days.

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@Shields2k13If you need a service to be able to talk to a customer service person Lucky, Freedom,  Koodo Prepaid and Chatr ($5/call) offer that option. At Public Mobile without the call centre it translates to a few bucks off / month so YMMV.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Shields2k13 wrote:

When you activated you would have selected which plan you wanted, it maybe that you inadervertently picked the wrong one. 

So now you can contact the moderators and hope they facilitate the change to the one you want (means waiting to hearing back upto 48 hours), or you can keep the $30 plan for this cycle, but log into your self serve account and future date (next renewal) to the one you really wanted.  Future dating will ensure you don't immediately pay again for a new plan and lose what you already paid for.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

We'll be happy to help you along. If you want to change your plan now, you can do that but you'll foreit whatever is the balance of time / data in your current acct and there's no refunds or prorating here.

You CAN select a new plan now... to take effect at next renewal...that way you won't be billed until next cycle.

If you really need more talk minutes now, have a look at the $5 / 500 minute Canada wide talk add-on. As long as your plan is Active, those minutes don't expire until you use them up...they'll just roll over to next cycle.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@Shields2k13 hello if you try to change it yourself now you will loose the 30 dollars so do as suggested above and contact the moderators

Need Help? Let's chat.