cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paid for service, but have NO service

Chantellemax
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

At 1pm today (Sunday Sept 8, 2019) I paid for my phone using a voucher, via *611 - I still do 
NOT have service and it is now 8pm. My account shows me the money is there, I also recieved a text right after I paid, saying my payment was recived, but i have not been able to use my phone since, no calls, no data and my account is stating that my phone is still Deactivated. I have tried turning the phone off, I have tried restarting. Please Help - Thanks

29 REPLIES 29

@Chantellemax  so it was working before, suddenly failed for 3 days?

topic moved while I was replying. LoL

(look like user replied on the wrong thread anyway)

Chantellemax

Still No service - Cannot recieve calls, Cannot make calls (tells me I do Not have long distance, when I do in fact have Canada Wide calling and Im not trying to make a long distance call anyway) Cannot text and no data - have 2 tickets in - still no answers - Thank you to everyone who has been trying to help.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Chantellemax wrote:

I did this alsp as it had already been suggested, but thank you

So I'll just pipe in here. Coming in to this rather late...I like to think of doing workarounds and hacks and fixes as something of a magic incantation. Sometimes you just gotta do it just the right way.

So my question...does your service appear to be active now? (just not working on the phone) If so then NOW try those couple workarounds. I get you don't wish to add more money. So try the lost/stolen *again* and see if that kicks it in the pants *this* time.

We've seen times when people post back saying that even just removing the SIM for a moment or 3 and then re-inserting and turning on seems to get things going.

The other method of adding more money has also been known to kick things but I understand you're fresh out of cash. So that's out.

Anyway...just thought I'd add a thought or two.

Until you hear from moderators, cycle phone off/on periodically.

When you call 611 it should tell you info about your plan. Does that info sound accurate ?

Is text and data now working ?

Chantellemax

I did this alsp as it had already been suggested, but thank you

While you await input from moderators...take the sim outta the phone, wait for a couple minutes then reinstall sim and start phone.

I know it's a long-shot but let's cross our fingers and try it while we wait.

Chantellemax

thanks - did that - awaiting help

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Chantellemax wrote:

Ok Can Someone Please Talk To Me Who Can Actually Look At My Account!!!

Only moderator can access your account.  Click the ? icon at the botton right hand corner to create a support ticket to moderator for support.  

Chantellemax

@Luddite wrote:

@Chantellemax  This is really a, perhaps clearer, summary of what has been suggested to assist you. 

If your account has the funds to pay for your plan, or has already been paid, try these tricks:

a) Lost/Stolen Trick 

1. login to your account >> Plan and Add-ons >> Lost/Stolen Phone >> click Suspend Service >> logout

2. login to your account >> Plan and Add-ons >> Lost/Stolen Phone >> click Resume Service >> logout

3. wait a few minutes, reboot your phone and check for service

b) $1 Trick

1. login to your account >> Payment >> One TIme Payment >> follow the direction to poay $1 >> logout

2. wait a few minutes, reboot your phone and check for service

If neither work, use this to contact the moderators https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/ then click "Submit a ticket".

Response time is 2 - 5 days so engage a backup plan. Mine is using fongo.com over wifi.

I have tried ALL of this - minus the adding MORE money because I DO NOT HAVE IT TO ADD! So thank you for the clarification!

@Chantellemax  This is really a, perhaps clearer, summary of what has been suggested to assist you. 

If your account has the funds to pay for your plan, or has already been paid, try these tricks:

a) Lost/Stolen Trick 

1. login to your account >> Plan and Add-ons >> Lost/Stolen Phone >> click Suspend Service >> logout

2. login to your account >> Plan and Add-ons >> Lost/Stolen Phone >> click Resume Service >> logout

3. wait a few minutes, reboot your phone and check for service

b) $1 Trick

1. login to your account >> Payment >> One TIme Payment >> follow the direction to poay $1 >> logout

2. wait a few minutes, reboot your phone and check for service

If neither work, use this to contact the moderators https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/ then click "Submit a ticket".

Response time is 2 - 5 days so engage a backup plan. Mine is using fongo.com over wifi.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Chantellemax

@geopublic wrote:

@Chantellemax wrote:

@dabr wrote:

@Chantellemax  If your balance is showing a balance equivalent of the voucher you paid with, then you need to still submit that payment for your renewal because it looks like the money didn't get used to fund your plan

What does your payment history show?

I understand you are trying to help, but it gets a bit frustrating when I am trying to be as clear as I possibly can and others still are not understanding me!

I made a payment

using a payment voucher

I dialed *611 with my cell phone

I was prompted to put in the voucher number

I did

it said "thank you payment RECIEVED"

I hung up

I got a text from public mobile

text read "Your Payment has been successfully added to your account"

I tried to go online - nothing

I tried to make a call - nothing

that was 1pm today

I logged into my account from my pc

it showed the funds

I tried turning my phone off

back on - no service

I tried restarting my phone - no service

I tried clicking the button at the top of my account page that says "Reactivate" 

it took me to the "Make payment page"

I tried to send without making a new payment (BECAUSE THE FUNDS WERE THERE) - nothing

I tried to do the Lost?stolen trick just now

When I reactivated my plan after about 10 minutes - my account showed the funds now went trhough and my plan was paid

I tried to call my husband

who is sitting right beside me, in our home

my phone is now telling me I do not have a long distance add on and connot complete the call

My plan covers Canada Wide Calling

so now what do I do?

@Chantellemax  You did everything right. The problem is that the system is quirky and does not react as it should. The only way that I know of to wake up the system is to make another small amount payment $1 or $5 to get your plan going again. Otherwise you need to submit a ticket to get it resolved.

PMContact.JPG

I cant add any more money, I dont have it, so I submitted a ticket - thank you

@Chantellemax wrote:

@dabr wrote:

@Chantellemax  If your balance is showing a balance equivalent of the voucher you paid with, then you need to still submit that payment for your renewal because it looks like the money didn't get used to fund your plan

I understand you are trying to help, but it gets a bit frustrating when I am trying to be as clear as I possibly can and others still are not understanding me!

I made a payment

using a payment voucher

I did

I hung up

that was 1pm today

it showed the funds

back on - no service

I tried clicking the button at the top of my account page that says "Reactivate" 

I tried to send without making a new payment (BECAUSE THE FUNDS WERE THERE) - nothing

When I reactivated my plan after about 10 minutes - my account showed the funds now went trhough and my plan was paid

my phone is now telling me I do not have a long distance add on and connot complete the call

so now what do I do?

@Chantellemax  You did everything right. The problem is that the system is quirky and does not react as it should. The only way that I know of to wake up the system is to make another small amount payment $1 or $5 to get your plan going again. Otherwise you need to submit a ticket to get it resolved.

PMContact.JPG

Chantellemax

Ok Can Someone Please Talk To Me Who Can Actually Look At My Account!!!

@Chantellemax   Yes I was trying to work out why you said the funds were sitting as a balance, so apologies if I misunderstood.

If your payment history is showing the payment was taken, and the lost/stolen trick did not reactivate the account you can try couple of other things if you want.

You can try topping up your account with one or two dollars and rebooting your phone.  This should reset your account.

You can also try removing and re-inserting your SIM and rebooting too.

Chantellemax

@dabr wrote:

I made a payment

using a payment voucher

I did

I hung up

that was 1pm today

it showed the funds

back on - no service

so now what do I do?

Chantellemax

@popping wrote:

@Chantellemax wrote:

@darlicious wrote:

So your money is still in your account or has it also was there and now it's been deducted to pay for your service. You probably need to either reactivate your plan or manually pay for your plan.

Funds show there, when I click reactivate it does nothing.

Try the lost/stolen phone trick to re-provision your account again.

1. Login to your self-serve account.
2. Report your phone lost/stolen using [Plan and Add-Ons] --> [Lost/Stolen Phone]
3. Logoff
4. Wait 5 minutes and login again
5. Report your phone found.
6. Re-start you phone to provision your account again. i.e. enable all features of you plan again.

So I did this, and now I Tried to call my Husband and it is telleing me "Sorry we cannot complete this call, You do not have an Active Long Distance Add On..." What the heck! my plan has always covered accross Canada and my Husband is sitting in our house right beside me???  

Chantellemax

@darlicious wrote:

I'm a little confused.? Have you gone to the payment button at the top of the page?  And applied the funds available to your plan? And then nothing? Then hit reactivate.

I added a payment with a voucher through the call center *611 - It told me - while I was on the phone - "Thank you, your payment has been recieved" I disconnected the call, then straight away get a text from PM saying "Your payment has been recieved" and then nothing - no data, no calling - when I was able to get online, my account showed the funds there - and there is a button at the top of the page that says "Reactivate" upon clicking that button, it takes me to the make a payment page asking me to make a payment, which I did by calling *611

I'm a little confused.? Have you gone to the payment button at the top of the page?  And applied the funds available to your plan? And then nothing? Then hit reactivate.

Chantellemax

@popping wrote:

@Chantellemax wrote:

@darlicious wrote:

So your money is still in your account or has it also was there and now it's been deducted to pay for your service. You probably need to either reactivate your plan or manually pay for your plan.

2. Report your phone lost/stolen using [Plan and Add-Ons] --> [Lost/Stolen Phone]
3. Logoff
6. Re-start you phone to provision your account again. i.e. enable all features of you plan again.

I am trying this now 

popping

@Chantellemax wrote:

@popping wrote:

@Chantellemax 

Did you click the reactivate your account buttom after added fund to your account?

If not, click the reactivate you account buttom now.

When I click that, it takes me to a payment option where it wants me to make a payment - there is already funds in my account, I'm not adding more.

Try the lost/stolen phone trick I posted above.

If that does not work, try add $1 to your account to re-provision your account feature again.

You need to manually apply the funds to make the payment otherwise it just sits there as a credit. You don't have to add more funds.

Chantellemax

@popping wrote:

@Chantellemax 

Did you click the reactivate your account buttom after added fund to your account?

When I click that, it takes me to a payment option where it wants me to make a payment - there is already funds in my account, I'm not adding more.

popping

@Chantellemax wrote:

@darlicious wrote:

3. Logoff

popping

@Chantellemax 

Chantellemax

@darlicious wrote:

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Log into My Account / Plan and Add-ons / Lost-Stolen tab. Click Suspend, then log out for a few minutes. Log back in and repeat steps on this time Resume service, then log out and restart phone. Let us know if this helps.

Need Help? Let's chat.