cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paid for my plan but it wont renew

tenz2021
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Just paid for my plan and it took my money and my phone still doesnt work. So i decided to change plans to the exact same plan and still doesnt work and it took my money twice. 

28 REPLIES 28

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@calgaryjonathan wrote:

There is not client support Please someone provide me a phone number I paid and no service. Please help. Otherwise my money should be refunded.

If you did you due diligent on PM at this community forum before activate your plan, you will know that PM does not have call centre.  Therefore, there is no phone number that you can call for.  PM support model is members support members.  Since you do not trust us, you should create a support ticket using the chat bubble at the lower right hand corn of this page.  CSA, which are employed by PM, will contact you using the private message system on this forum.  It will be between you and a CSA who is helping you.   BTW, private message system is not a live chat system.  You ask a question and you will not get your response right away.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@calgaryjonathan wrote:

I want to speak to a representative If I take screenshots of my account to a public forum whats to stop someone from. Pretending to be me? This is a horrible experience,  I paid still no service and autopay to..

@calgaryjonathan : In answer to the question...you. It's why most of us will say to blank out personally identifiable information when suggesting to post screenshots. You're awareness of that is commendable...so are we. So don't. Just blank out the information.

Or we could ask a bunch of questions hoping you'll answer them. Or you could use the only customer support method available to us all...the CSA's via tickets or the not so good way of using private messaging.

@calgaryjonathan 

PM is online support only.

You might want to try the steps provided above. 

To contact a Customer Support Agent, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click here and type Customer Support Agent, then select contact Customer Support Agent, then select other (or the topic that more closely matches your request).  Click the result which states Click here to submit a ticket and follow the prompts,  or, 
  2. Send a private message to the Customer Support Agent by clicking here  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

@calgaryjonathan wrote:

There is not client support Please someone provide me a phone number I paid and no service. Please help. Otherwise my money should be refunded.

@calgaryjonathan 

For network issues, try one or more of the below:

*turn off your phone, leave off for a few minutes, then reboot

*removing your SIM, then reinserting it

*go into airplane mode, then going back to regular mode

*reset network settings on your device

*Is your phone locked? Contact your previous provider to unlock it for you. You will need your imei number, dial *#06# to get it.

*Check if your phone is blacklisted here: https://www.devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada/

*manually select the 3G/WCDMA network in your Mobile Connections area in your settings (temporarily) for dropping or unable to make incoming/outgoing calls

Did you just activate with PM?

If so, a new number or a transferred over number from another provider?

All support is online here at the Community Forum or through ticketing process online with Public Mobile Customer Support (CSA) for account related issues.

To contact the Public Mobile Customer Support Agent (CSA)_Team, there are two methods to reach them:

1 -  Faster - Click the bubble comment circle on the bottom right-hand side of your screen,

or use this link to: Get Help With SIMon the Public Mobile chatbot

OR

2 – Slower - Use this link to:

Private Message to Public Mobile Customer Support Agents (CSA)

calgaryjonathan

I want to speak to a representative If I take screenshots of my account to a public forum whats to stop someone from. Pretending to be me? This is a horrible experience,  I paid still no service and autopay to..

calgaryjonathan

@calgaryjonathan...dunno how many people have cried "scam"...only to find out it was user-error !

Somebody will quickly diagnose your renewal issue...but you gotta provide a bit more info. Usually just as fast or faster than off-shore, phone in tech support. (not that there's anything inherently wrong with off-shore, mind you)

Give us a try.

popping

@calgaryjonathan wrote:

same issue and no service.  This is scam behavior why are there no people who work?

Please note that PM does not provide call support.  All support are done on this forum and CSA(Customer Service Agent) if your issue requires access to your account as we cannot access your account.

If you don't like to post a screenshot of you overview page after login, I like to find out what had happened so that we can help you.

1.  When is your renewal date?  This morning?

2.  Is your account status = expired?

3.  What is the amount of available fund showing on your overview page?

4.  When is your phone stop working?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@calgaryjonathan : A picture is worth a 1000 words...maybe post a screenshot of your overview page. Blank out personal info of course. Additionally maybe even your payment history from here (not payment card). Or we could all ask you a bunch of questions and hope you answer them.

calgaryjonathan

same issue and no service.  This is scam behavior why are there no people who work?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@JK8 wrote:

@Anonymous 

If the perpetrators can log into the account to do the sim swap how come they don’t change the password in the account?

The cases I have seen in this community, the customer is told to log into self service and see if the sim numbers match. If the password was changed, it would give the perpetrators more time for their illegal activities.

Where's that shrug ascii art? Dunno.

Is there a different back door that I don't know? Entirely possible. I wouldn't identify as a fraudster. And nor do I know everything.

@Anonymous 

If the perpetrators can log into the account to do the sim swap how come they don’t change the password in the account?

The cases I have seen in this community, the customer is told to log into self service and see if the sim numbers match. If the password was changed, it would give the perpetrators more time for their illegal activities.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@HALIMACS : Somebody has managed to log in to an account. Once there they can do anything the account holder can do like Change SIM or Change Number or port out etc. They used to be able to port out with the right information and all the actual customer got was a notification of the fact. Do that in the middle of night and for most people they would miss it until it was too late. But they finally got around to needing a final confirmation for that. They _should_ get a final confirmation for a SIM change as well but they don't. So that crime can still happen all too easily once having log in credentials.

Providers choose by policy not to re-use SIM's. Certainly they technically can. It's their SIM.

In this case, through no fault of the actual customer, the SIM has been changed. It only seems proper that the company should re-instate it.

@HALIMACS  Suspect it's simply that the victim's SIM card was replaced using the Change SIM function, but the original SIM was not yet fully expunged from the SIM database. 

The victim's account remains fully functional just with the wrong SIM. Unlike port-out, no messages are sent for Change SIM function before making the change.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@Luddite  &  @Anonymous ,  this is interesting discussion.   Looking to better understand this.

So when a SIM is swapped, is it the PM SIM card number of the "victim" that get's associated with the phone number of the person committing the swap (i.e. the offender)?

If so, does the PM SIM card thus essentially remain active and never become deactivated, and is that how PM can 're-associate' the original customer's phone number back to the SIM?

@Anonymous  Thanks for the update.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Luddite wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@tenz2021 wrote:

I currently have a balance of $8 after public mobile took $90 from me. And my sim card number is different! why is that? 

Then you've been SIM-jacked. Since you're still able to log in, use the Lost/stolen function to Suspend your service. Then change the password. Then go around to all your financial logins and email login that you used here and change those passwords and look for any losses.

Then contact the moderators to re-instate your original SIM and then you can Resume your service in Lost/stolen.

@Anonymous  Are you certain that the original SIM can be reactivated?  

@Luddite 

I am certain I've read several instances of people reporting back that the mods re-instated the original SIM. It might be faster to get service going to go out get a SIM and change it in the account. Then ask the mods for a credit for the cost.

If it's true that a data breach happened last Feb then it's no ones fault that their account got taken. Difficult password or not. It's only proper for the company to "make the customer whole" again.

@Anonymous wrote:

@tenz2021 wrote:

I currently have a balance of $8 after public mobile took $90 from me. And my sim card number is different! why is that? 

Then you've been SIM-jacked. Since you're still able to log in, use the Lost/stolen function to Suspend your service. Then change the password. Then go around to all your financial logins and email login that you used here and change those passwords and look for any losses.

Then contact the moderators to re-instate your original SIM and then you can Resume your service in Lost/stolen.

@Anonymous  Are you certain that the original SIM can be reactivated?  

Anonymous
Not applicable

@tenz2021 wrote:

@tenz2021 wrote:

Log into self service and choose Change Sim Card and ensure the last 4 digits match your SIM card to ensure you have not been sim jacked. If they do not match put your phone in lost/stolen mode in self service and change the password. Then check and secure all your financials. Also change passwords on your other account like email, etc.

To restore your services contact a moderator.

Here’s how to contact the Moderator Team (Public Mobile representative) for assistance:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

tenz2021

Anonymous
Not applicable

@tenz2021 wrote:

My overview page says the account is active but when I try to make a call it says it's not active. also still got charged twice

What happens when you dial 611?

Do you have an amount in your Available Funds?

Can you go in to Change SIM and make note of the last 4 digits of your registered SIM. Then look at your actual SIM in your phone. Are they the same?

tenz2021

My overview page says the account is active but when I try to make a call it says it's not active. also still got charged twice

@tenz2021...

log into your account to see if your payments are sitting in Available Funds. Then locate Reactivate plan button to see if that gets you going.

Let us know.

tenz2021

tried all that but also i was charged twice. 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@tenz2021 wrote:

Just paid for my plan and it took my money and my phone still doesnt work. So i decided to change plans to the exact same plan and still doesnt work and it took my money twice. 

Hi @tenz2021 ,

Try one or more of the below:

*rebooting your phone

*removing your SIM for a few minutes, then reinserting it

*go into airplane mode for a few minutes, then going back to regular mode

*reboot your phone again

Do you now have services?

popping

@tenz2021 wrote:

After adding fund to your account, did you click the "reactivate current plan link on your overview page after login?

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@tenz2021 , if you are unable to renew your plan through the self server, please click on the chat symbol on the lower right corner of the webpage and initiate a support ticket.  The moderator team will assist with restoring the service.  

Need Help? Let's chat.