cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paid for my monthly plan and have no service, how to fix this?

Kirby1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

6 REPLIES 6

Kirby1

Thanks for all the replies, I guess patience was all that was needed, it activated on its own. After about 20-30 mins

@Kirby1 

Don't panic. Public mobile has its quirks. First check your account if it's active or not. If yes then the long distance message may mean you need to dial (1) before the number or wait for the message to finish to connect.

Edit: Reboot your phone and try dialing again.

If your account has the reactivate message showing but no balance owing try clicking on it to activate your service and reboot your phone if that doesnt work then you should go to the lost/stolen feature and report your phone lost (suspend) your service. Log out. Wait 1 min. Log in. Report found (resume/unsuspend). Log out and reboot phone.

If it is still not working try adding a payment of $1 from your credit card on file. Clear your browser first use incognito/secret mode in Firefox, chrome or safari. Reboot phone.

All else fails and you have no service contact the moderators.

@Kirby1 Try adding a +1 and area code in front of the number you are calling. This often helps with these messages. I save all my contacts this way and have no issues on both the $15 and $25 plans.

Kirby1
Tr his would be my second month with public mobile, I paid last Friday and my account had been credited 48$. 2$ short of the 50$ plan. So I changed the plan to the 45$ plan. When making a call it went from suspended to saying I can't make long distance calls and have to buy an add on. I'm making a local call, either way my plan would cover a long distant call. My friend called me so I could know what happens on that end, and it goes straight to voicemail. Upon restarting my phone it has the public mobile in the top corner, but isn't there now as I write this. Upset and frustrated. thanks for any further help, yes I submitted a ticket but that takes 48 hours apparently.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Kirby1 

Is your phone showing Public Mobile on top notification bar?

Login to your account.

Is your account status active?

what is working or not working?  talk? text? data?

Restart your phone with PM SIM inserted.  Report result.  Thanks

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Need Help? Let's chat.