cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paid for 3 month Plan, switched and had to pay again?

projectpete19
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

I was on one of those plans that you pay for 3 months in advance, i paid on Dec 2018 ($144), then a few weeks later I switched to a different plan that is paid monthly ($67).

I was forced to pay again when there is more than enough balance from my original 3 month account that should have covered it.

How do I get some money back?

Thanks

37 REPLIES 37

projectpete19

@stonechucker wrote:

@projectpete19 wrote:

@stonechucker wrote:

@projectpete19, well if you choose to not use the add-ons as provided, then perhaps you should find another carrier before your current cycle ends, as when you port your number out, this account must still be active.

I'm really sorry that the Terms of Service and the plans don't work for you here.  These are the rules we all play by, why should you be any different.

I asked a question, if the company wants to do something they will, if not then so be it.  Everyone here really has way too much interest in a companies policies that they don’t work for and are nothing more than customers.

You now what @projectpete19, it’s customers like you who fail to read how things work and fail to ask questions first, who frustrate the community members who care to assist you, on their spare time.

We truly do this because we wwant to help.  Unfortunately, because you refused to spend for LD adon on your 90-day plan, until you could change your plan at renewal time, you’ve put yourself in this position needlessly.

im sorry, but that’s how it is.  I’m on a $120 plan with the same base package you previously had.  I bought LD minutes to cover the long distance I need to make, and for me, fortunately, I do not require a lot.

Do your research, make smart choices.

Please read all the comments and then tell me what kind of help was given, one person gave me a link to message the mods only after adding a sarcastic comment / example which itself made no sense, the rest are 4 pages of the same useless crap.  This whole thing could have and should have ended there.

Nowhere did I say I didn’t read the policy, companies always have policies that don’t fit every situation because it is impossible to cover every possible scenario, this is why you call support and ask which is what I wanted to do.

believe me I don’t take it personally or care, but when you all are patting yourselves on the back at a job well done it’s a little annoying.

again the only option I had for USA calling was 200 minutes for $8, as I need this every day for at least a couple hours your suggestion is that I pay over $8 every day for 3 months?  Is that an example of your smarter choices? 

I’m dealing with the company now, that is all I wanted to do from the beginning so thanks to the person that provided the link

@projectpete19 wrote:

@stonechucker wrote:

@projectpete19, well if you choose to not use the add-ons as provided, then perhaps you should find another carrier before your current cycle ends, as when you port your number out, this account must still be active.

I'm really sorry that the Terms of Service and the plans don't work for you here.  These are the rules we all play by, why should you be any different.

I asked a question, if the company wants to do something they will, if not then so be it.  Everyone here really has way too much interest in a companies policies that they don’t work for and are nothing more than customers.

You now what @projectpete19, it’s customers like you who fail to read how things work and fail to ask questions first, who frustrate the community members who care to assist you, on their spare time.

We truly do this because we wwant to help.  Unfortunately, because you refused to spend for LD adon on your 90-day plan, until you could change your plan at renewal time, you’ve put yourself in this position needlessly.

im sorry, but that’s how it is.  I’m on a $120 plan with the same base package you previously had.  I bought LD minutes to cover the long distance I need to make, and for me, fortunately, I do not require a lot.

Do your research, make smart choices.

@projectpete19 wrote:

I honestly don’t know how to respond to these posts anymore so I just won’t 

@projectpete19Hopefully in the end, the moderator team will fix everything for you. It's all good.

projectpete19

@RobertQc wrote:

@projectpete19 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@projectpete19 wrote:

thanks

@makkahn28 wrote:

@Jessica_T, Read this.

This will clarify

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/A-Message-for-those-WHO-Change-their-Plans-and-going-forward-on/m-p/321044

for an actual relevant response.

but again i must say, then they should have an option to cover all requirements with a current plan if they are going to take this stance.  there was absolutely 0 add-on that i could have purchased at a reasonable price (would have cost me $1700 for one month for the add-on that i needed)

so if the company gives me no option but to choose another plan than i shouldnt lose money for it

I don't quite know how you got to $144 but even with the maximum currently offered gigs of 24 that only comes to $720 for the add-ons. How did you get $1700?

Yes the add-ons are expensive. But that could've been your other choice to tie you over until your next renewal where you wouldn't have lost all your spent money.

I'm not sure there are any other prepaid providers that allow credits and refunds upon changing plans.

I'll grant that it has been well discussed on many occassions that the wording could be better.

Data was not the reason I needed to switch, I needed the ability to call the USA.

you honestly justified having a customer spend $720 for one month to tide them over?  

Again in I only came on here because that is the protocol for this company.  I merely came to ask the company if they would do something for me, if not then so be it and the matter is over.

it has been blown way out of proportion by some “users” on this forum

@projectpete19So pay $8 for 200 minutes or $15 for 400 minutes to call U.S.A

I honestly don’t know how to respond to these posts anymore so I just won’t 

@projectpete19 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@projectpete19 wrote:

thanks

@makkahn28 wrote:

@Jessica_T, Read this.

This will clarify

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/A-Message-for-those-WHO-Change-their-Plans-and-going-forward-on/m-p/321044

but again i must say, then they should have an option to cover all requirements with a current plan if they are going to take this stance.  there was absolutely 0 add-on that i could have purchased at a reasonable price (would have cost me $1700 for one month for the add-on that i needed)

so if the company gives me no option but to choose another plan than i shouldnt lose money for it

I don't quite know how you got to $144 but even with the maximum currently offered gigs of 24 that only comes to $720 for the add-ons. How did you get $1700?

Yes the add-ons are expensive. But that could've been your other choice to tie you over until your next renewal where you wouldn't have lost all your spent money.

I'm not sure there are any other prepaid providers that allow credits and refunds upon changing plans.

I'll grant that it has been well discussed on many occassions that the wording could be better.

Data was not the reason I needed to switch, I needed the ability to call the USA.

you honestly justified having a customer spend $720 for one month to tide them over?  

Again in I only came on here because that is the protocol for this company.  I merely came to ask the company if they would do something for me, if not then so be it and the matter is over.

@projectpete19So pay $8 for 200 minutes or $15 for 400 minutes to call U.S.A

Or get a free voip app to call unlimited U.S.A then switch at next renewal?

projectpete19

@Anonymous wrote:

@projectpete19 wrote:

thanks

@makkahn28 wrote:

@Jessica_T, Read this.

This will clarify

projectpete19

@mimmo wrote:

@projectpete19 out of curiosity what plan did you go from and to?  What was the reasoning? (If you can disclose)

You mentioned:

- there were no addons that were cost effective

- your company required the change

Also just in case, if you ever require an invoice to submit, it has to be manually requested and can take up to 30 days.

I had 12gb data unlimited provincial talk and text for around $150 per 3 months and needed unlimited calling to the usa so I chose another plan and added us talk for $20 or something like that 

the $20 option was not available with my original plan only 200 mins for $8

projectpete19

@stonechucker wrote:

@projectpete19 wrote:

thanks

@makkahn28 wrote:

@Jessica_T, Read this.

This will clarify

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/A-Message-for-those-WHO-Chang...

I am not sure what plan you went to as I am not sure what 30 day plan would enable you to save $1700 from purchasing addons but it would be interesting to see and find out if they could get a plan that you needed or build a plan.  Not sure if PM is the provider though for you as they obviously can't supply what you need.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Anonymous
Not applicable

@projectpete19 wrote:

thanks

@makkahn28 wrote:

@Jessica_T, Read this.

This will clarify

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/A-Message-for-those-WHO-Chang...

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@projectpete19 out of curiosity what plan did you go from and to?  What was the reasoning? (If you can disclose)

You mentioned:

- there were no addons that were cost effective

- your company required the change

Also just in case, if you ever require an invoice to submit, it has to be manually requested and can take up to 30 days.

projectpete19

thanks

@makkahn28 wrote:

@Jessica_T, Read this.

This will clarify

projectpete19

@Anonymous wrote:

@stonechucker wrote:

@srlawren wrote:

@Alan_K @Brooke_C tagging you to let you know the unclear warnings when doing an immediate plan change have claimed yet another victim. Please, please make this clearer.  We should ideally never see another thread like this (okay, maybe a few will still misunderstand or disregard at their own peril, but it should be exceptionally rare).

Maybe a 2nd or 3rd warning message stating 'Do you really want to do this, you're going to be charged right now, and you're not going to like that' ???

Unfortunately, it may just be more ignored warning boxes. 😞

@stonechucker, If there are 2 or more warning boxes, and they still go forward, then there is no recourse - period!  If the messages are unclear or easy to miss, then we tell them to contact mods and ask politely.  If message is crystal clear and shows twice, then we tell them they are SOL - too bad - sorry.

i went from a 3 month plan to a one month plan, because i had to for work and there were no add ons i could have added to the 3 month plan to give me what i needed.  if none of you work for the company what the hell do you care, i only came on here because its the only way to get support for the issue.  

signing up for the monthly as opposed to the 3 month means the company lost no money, they actually made more with the plan i chose.  the issue isnt that i went ahead with it when i was warned (which i did becuase i had no choice), the issue is they kept the difference in plans and are getting more per month with the new plan i needed, so i am asking the company to make it right from a customer standpoint

now everyone please read this so there arent any more wasted posts on this thread, it really isnt that hard to understand.  if you all want to be condescending at least make some frigging sense when you do it

@projectpete19 wrote:

he must have edited it because when i first read it the message was completely different without the absolute useless condesending example that is not even close to the same situation i am in now.

Thank you for reporting that. I have noticed this quite a bit now a days and i am sure why anyone would wanna do that. I am reaching out to the team to do something about this so users do not get confused.

projectpete19

@Jessica_T wrote:

@projectpete19 wrote:

person paid $150 dec 1, changed plan Jan 1 to a plan that cost $50, $150-$50 is very easy for a software solution to do, even keep a small change fee if you want but keeping the whole amount is just strange

@projectpete19Yes! Sign up for a 90 day plan with 18gb of data, download a bunch of movies sameday then switch plan back to the lower priced plan and get all my money back, except minus a small fee, lets say $1? Since dates are the only variable involved, right?

$1 for 18gb. Perfect.

fine then have a 1 plan switch per 6 months, easy.

the world all you guys live in where people sign up for plans to download movies, return half eaten bags of chips is a very interesting one.  

Is this what happens when pot is made legal?

Jessica_T
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@projectpete19 wrote:

person paid $150 dec 1, changed plan Jan 1 to a plan that cost $50, $150-$50 is very easy for a software solution to do, even keep a small change fee if you want but keeping the whole amount is just strange

@projectpete19Yes! Sign up for a 90 day plan with 18gb of data, download a bunch of movies sameday then switch plan back to the lower priced plan and get all my money back, except minus a small fee, lets say $1? Since dates are the only variable involved, right?

$1 for 18gb. Perfect.

@projectpete19 wrote:

they question is why does the company keep it, not that you warn them.  keeping the money makes no sense (just because its a prepaid plan doesnt clarify or justify anything to me).

again a software program / website can subtract very easily

Simply because prepaid means just that - paid in advance for a service period of 30 or 90 days. It's use it or lose it.

If you are lucky the moderators will provide some credit.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@Anonymous, when I changed my plan twice within the first 4 months of service, I read the warning message and understood what was going to happen.  I cancelled the prompt and chose the 'next renewal' option on the first change.  When the 2016 Promo came along, immediately scheduled for next renewal 82 days later.

I don't know how folks don't read the message, at least question what is going on.  A simple query to the community of "Hey what does this warning mean" would help so much.

@projectpete19Nothing anyone here can do, send a message to the official mod team.

. Click this to send them a message. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@projectpete19 wrote:

jesus the gods...i mean mods really like to throw in little comments whenever they can.  

look, i made a plan switch and the company kept the money for no reason, you can make something a company policy all you want doesnt make it right.

@projectpete19- it would be nice if that was the case.  However, it is not the case with prepaid.  If you want that flexibility, you need to go with post-paid - and deal with the drawbacks of post-paid (being charged after the fact for using a service that was not part of the plan, etc.).  Each model has its ups and downs...

projectpete19

they question is why does the company keep it, not that you warn them.  keeping the money makes no sense (just because its a prepaid plan doesnt clarify or justify anything to me).

again a software program / website can subtract very easily

srlawren

@projectpete19 wrote:

jesus the gods...i mean mods really like to throw in little comments whenever they can. 

@projectpete19 FYI literally nobody you have interacted with so far on this thread are mods.  We are all just customers like yourself.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

srlawren

@stonechucker wrote:

Maybe a 2nd or 3rd warning message stating 'Do you really want to do this, you're going to be charged right now, and you're not going to like that' ???

@stonechucker will never get 100% success rate in eliminating this issue, but at least an 80/20 rule for the improvement....

@RobertQc wrote:

@srlawrenAgreed. Even when everything is running smoothly in the renewal system it still says suspended in huge letters

@RobertQc while I agree with you here, this is a separate issue.  But you're right, messaging all-around in self-serve could ue an overhaul.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@stonechucker wrote:

@srlawren wrote:

@Alan_K @Brooke_C tagging you to let you know the unclear warnings when doing an immediate plan change have claimed yet another victim. Please, please make this clearer.  We should ideally never see another thread like this (okay, maybe a few will still misunderstand or disregard at their own peril, but it should be exceptionally rare).

@stonechucker, If there are 2 or more warning boxes, and they still go forward, then there is no recourse - period!  If the messages are unclear or easy to miss, then we tell them to contact mods and ask politely.  If message is crystal clear and shows twice, then we tell them they are SOL - too bad - sorry.

projectpete19

look, i made a plan switch and the company kept the money for no reason, you can make something a company policy all you want doesnt make it right.

@srlawren wrote:

@srlawren wrote:

@srlawrenAgreed. Even when everything is running smoothly in the renewal system it still says suspended in huge letters, people do not read the entire thing but why is it when a customer is about to essentially throw the rest of their plan in the garbage there is no clear warning.

projectpete19

he must have edited it because when i first read it the message was completely different without the absolute useless condesending example that is not even close to the same situation i am in now.

some people just arent funny but i guess at least they try even though they fail completely

Need Help? Let's chat.