cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paid for 3 month Plan, switched and had to pay again?

projectpete19
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

I was on one of those plans that you pay for 3 months in advance, i paid on Dec 2018 ($144), then a few weeks later I switched to a different plan that is paid monthly ($67).

I was forced to pay again when there is more than enough balance from my original 3 month account that should have covered it.

How do I get some money back?

Thanks

37 REPLIES 37

Anonymous
Not applicable

@srlawren wrote:

@Alan_K @Brooke_C tagging you to let you know the unclear warnings when doing an immediate plan change have claimed yet another victim. Please, please make this clearer.  We should ideally never see another thread like this (okay, maybe a few will still misunderstand or disregard at their own peril, but it should be exceptionally rare).

Y'know...they changed the quoted text real fast for stonechucker once he became an Oracle. I gotta wonder if them dragging their feet over this is more profitable for them. They got the 3 months payment already. Then someone unknowingly does an immediate plan change. Oh look...mo' money.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@projectpete19 wrote:

How do I contact the "mods" ?

@projectpete19 by sending them a private message through the community.  You can learn how here:  How to Get Help

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

GreatCanadian
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@projectpete19 wrote:

I changed my plan because i needed to change it as I needed to add an option for work, I didnt have an option to wait.

He answered that question right above your post, and even provided the link for you. 

GC

@projectpete19 wrote:

I changed my plan because i needed to change it as I needed to add an option for work, I didnt have an option to wait.

@projectpete19

Click this to send them a message. 

You could have purchase a one time add-on?

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Alan_K @Brooke_C tagging you to let you know the unclear warnings when doing an immediate plan change have claimed yet another victim. Please, please make this clearer.  We should ideally never see another thread like this (okay, maybe a few will still misunderstand or disregard at their own peril, but it should be exceptionally rare).

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

projectpete19
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

EDIT:  your example is nowhere even close to the same situation but thanks i will contact them

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@projectpete19 wrote:

Hello,

I was on one of those plans that you pay for 3 months in advance, i paid on Dec 2018 ($144), then a few weeks later I switched to a different plan that is paid monthly ($67).

I was forced to pay again when there is more than enough balance from my original 3 month account that should have covered it.

How do I get some money back?

Thanks

@projectpete19

I went to the store, bought a bag of chips for $2, ate half of them, then wanted a different bag which cost $2.50. I bought the chips but instead of charging me $0.50 they charged me the full price of $2.50. Sounds right to me because thats how it goes. You should have selected "change plan at next renewal" not "change plan now". This is a pre-paid service. What you are describing is common to "pay-after" carriers. There is no automatic pro-rating system. Heck there is not even a automatic invoice system. You forfeited the money yourself. It was not stolen. You were only "forced" because of the option you chose. But you can contact the moderator team and see if they may be able to help you with that (but you should have contacted them FIRST or selected change at next renewal) but its unlikely anything can be done, if something can be done, remember to BE NICE since they don't have to. Click this to send them a message.  Some members report success. Best of luck.

Need Help? Let's chat.