cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PM refuses my CC and payment vouchers

MrMarc
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am trying to switch from Telus to Public Mobile, but no matter what I do, I cannot get my account to switch. PM refused my credit card so I went and purchased a voucher to cover the plan I had selected. For some reason this site is also refusing the vouchers that I entered. 

Just to cover the bases, no I did not typo the PINs for the vouchers or my credit card number. I am extremely frustrated, and just a touch upset as both the SIM card and the vouchers are non-refundable. 

Any help that any one could provide in resolving this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, MrMarc

19 REPLIES 19

MrMarc

Thanks to everybody for your help and suggestions. In the end the Moderator Team had to set up my account as it was stuck in "draft", with a special thanks to @sandpublic for providing the link to the Mod team. All is good in Marcland again 🙂

Cheers, MrMarc

Monica_M
Customer Support Agent

Hey @MrMarc,

We hope you’re day is going good so far. Thanks for trying to be part of our great family. 

We will be glad to assist you, and have a look at you profile, to identify why activation can not be completed. 

We will appreciate, if you could please send us a private message to get personal details, so we can activate account on our end.  Follow the link:   Private message 

We hope to hear from you at your earliest convenience

Monica

Public Mobile Moderator Team

Do you get any error message when signing up?  

So basically now you can only create a profile, nothing pass that?

Dankaroo
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@MrMarc wrote:

@stonechucker The SIM is not yet activated. When the payment is refused the whole thing falls apart.

@Anonymous I am fairly certain that all my card details are correct, and was using the 12 digit PIN# on the receipt. For the moment I am following the link sent by @sandpublic for a private message to the moderators. Barring that, when the system allows me to try again I will try the Postal Code tips you mentioned.

With my thanks, I'm off to get some dinner. Low blood sugar is not helping the situation... j/k. Sort of...

Sim activation and Plan activation (when they would charge you for the plan) are two seperate things.

It very well might not be a payment issue. As such previous suggestions to contact the moderator were correct. They will probably have a list of questions for you so to keep the back and forth to a minimum please include as many details as possible.

I hope that the system doesn't mark the sim card as already used.  It's happened before where payment isn't accepted, but the sim card gets marked as already active.  That would make it so that moderators would need to finish off the activation for you or send you a replacement sim card.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@MrMarc

Which store did you purchased the topup voucher?  Some of them have 1 - 2 days wait time.

If still are not able to get your cc working after trying the postal code tip, you can get a topup voucher from recharge.com.  We know recharge.com topup voucher can be used in a short delay.

MrMarc

@stonechucker The SIM is not yet activated. When the payment is refused the whole thing falls apart.

@Anonymous I am fairly certain that all my card details are correct, and was using the 12 digit PIN# on the receipt. For the moment I am following the link sent by @sandpublic for a private message to the moderators. Barring that, when the system allows me to try again I will try the Postal Code tips you mentioned.

With my thanks, I'm off to get some dinner. Low blood sugar is not helping the situation... j/k. Sort of...

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MrMarc

With the credit card make sure all the address details match exactly to your credit card billing address. Don't use the unit # box. Type it just as it is on the billing address. Then try either no space in the postal code or drop the last number.

If you've been trying a number of times it might be PM has locked it out for anti-fraud reasons.

For the voucher, make sure it's the 12 digit code. Sometimes vouchers have an activation delay from the vendor.

@MrMarc, have successfully activated the sim yet?  I’m uncertain if that has been completed yet.

@Alex888, the customer is having problems activating a new plan.  The service isn’t working yet, so your suggestion is not useful.

MrMarc

Thanks for your help, now it's just a matter of waiting for them to get back to me. I'll update when and as appropriate.

Alex888
Mayor / Maire
If changing browsers doesn't work try calling 611 and using your voucher there.

sandpublic
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Best thing to do is just click the link it will put the address in for you

How can you get help with your account, activation, or service?

In your message please include:

• PM Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email address, Detailed explanation of your issue.

How long until they reply?:

• Office Hours: Mon-Friday 9 am to 9 pm, and Saturday & Sunday from 9 am to 7:30 pm [Toronto Time]

• Typical response time is between 1-3 hours, depending on how many messages in the queue, but can be up to 48 hours.

• There is no need to send multiple messages. In fact, each message you send will put you all the way to the back of the line.

MrMarc

yes I did. My understanding is that this was the only way that it could be done. Was that in error?

sandpublic

Did you activate you SIM card online?

MrMarc

I'm in Chrome but not incognito. I will try that, but the problem appears to be that the system simply does not want to accept my payment. I'll try just in case and get back to you. 

MrMarc

I'm not sure what APN means, but I am currently a Telus customer and am trying to switch to PM, preferably keeping my number in the process.

Alex888
Mayor / Maire
Some browsers have problems with this site. Try using a different browser or private/incognito mode, most people find that Chrome incognito works the best.

sandpublic

When you say you are trying to switch you account do you mean porting your number or switching APN?

Need Help? Let's chat.