cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PM billing/payment improvement to reduce impact to service

kaiser_soze
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Today, my PM service got shutoff and upon login despite having auto-pay turned on and regular billing all the past months, the service got turned off because the PM billing system identified there was some change in the CC or too many payments the day of the payment.

The credit card company no issues and other authorized payments went through. But the PM system doesn't allow to even re-enter the credit card details again so it seems like a glitch in the system.  The only solution is to share details about the CC in a post to the moderator.

Is there a way to allow the system to re-enter the CC as a new CC?

Are there plans to add paypal?

19 REPLIES 19

kaiser_soze

I am not sure if it worked for you for months means it's OK because for months I have had a different profile and a billing name and it has worked fine. The moderator mentioned this was a recent change and it appears it does this at random. I find it odd but oh well.

I also suggested they allow a logged in user to delete and re-enter the credit card which also didn't work at the time but I guess once the CC is on hold by PM you are forced to use another form of payment. Here was the moderator response <xxx> and <yyy> as name:

Post 1 by moderator:

I received a response from my Payment services department just now and our system block for your credit card has been removed now.

Kindly register your credit card through self-serve again so it may be used for future payments.

I was advised that what generated the system block is that on your Public Mobile account, you're registered as xxx and the credit card is listed under your full first name yyy. It seems that system didn't flag this before and put in the block on the credit card afterwards due to the name mismatch.

Now the credit card is unblocked and it's been approved, so you can continue to use it to make payments in our system.

I apologize for the inconvenience and confusion this may have caused.

I remain at your service.

Post #2:

I really apologize for the inconvenience experienced.

Our system is made out to search for matches in names / address when a credit card payment is process, to avoid that misuse or credit card abuse is done while purchasing our services in our website.

This type of blocks are done by the system whenever it finds discrepancies. I will definitely pass along the feedback so the process to unblock the credit card is improved.

@_Naren wrote:

Rest assured buddy, moderator is gonna get things done for you. I don't think PM has made any post adding PayPal for the payment yet. Have a good day!

I don't expect Paypal to be added. Does any other carrier take it?

_Naren

Rest assured buddy, moderator is gonna get things done for you. I don't think PM has made any post adding PayPal for the payment yet. Have a good day!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

@kaiser_soze wrote:

So I just wanted to notify other users to make sure your profile name and billing name are exactly the same to not run into the same problem I had.

There is no requirement for this.  The name in the profile of the self serve account can be anything. It absolutely does not need to match the name used for billing. If a moderators have said that, they're mistaken.

So it's just coincidence that now it works? Or the mods did something and claimed it was the profile info?

I agree with you but would like to hear from people with actual experience with multiple accounts/same card.

I'll just say that I'm not guessing.  I have a bunch of accounts used by family.

Like I said, I agree with you. The story seems rather unlikely. Thanks for adding your experiences with multiple accounts. I think popping does too. And will13am. I'm sure there are others.

I think the mods are mis-interpreting something or blaming something else.

@Anonymous wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

@kaiser_soze wrote:

So I just wanted to notify other users to make sure your profile name and billing name are exactly the same to not run into the same problem I had.

There is no requirement for this.  The name in the profile of the self serve account can be anything. It absolutely does not need to match the name used for billing. If a moderators have said that, they're mistaken.

So it's just coincidence that now it works? Or the mods did something and claimed it was the profile info?

I agree with you but would like to hear from people with actual experience with multiple accounts/same card.

I'll just say that I'm not guessing.  I have a bunch of accounts used by family.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@computergeek541 wrote:

@kaiser_soze wrote:

@kaiser_soze wrote:

@kaiser_soze wrote:

I ended up paying through an alternate card. Yes, voucher would have been another option but didn't have the time to get to a store.

The cause of the problem turns out that Public Mobile's billing department turned on a new check where the profile name is being compared to the billing name in payment and if these names are different, your credit card will be rejected and your service will be suspended.

It doesn't matter what you use in the billing name under payment. This is sort of different from other providers or websites like Amazon where your profile name and billing name don't have to be the same.  But somehow PM turned on this check. I wish I had been notified through some text message that such a check is being done.

Very interesting. Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@kaiser_soze wrote:

Yes, the moderators told me this. I was very surprised indeed and wanted to caution others.

Perhaps some other regulars here that manage multiple accounts for others can add their experiences. I have two active accounts in different names but I run on Available Funds. I do use the same gift card for them though just to satisfy autopay to get the $2.

kaiser_soze

Yes, the moderators told me this. I was very surprised indeed and wanted to caution others.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@kaiser_soze 

Did the moderators tell you this? And now it works? That's very surprising. I seem to think there are many people that handle multiple accounts using the same payment card. They seem to work. Interesting.

kaiser_soze

I ended up paying through an alternate card. Yes, voucher would have been another option but didn't have the time to get to a store.

The cause of the problem turns out that Public Mobile's billing department turned on a new check where the profile name is being compared to the billing name in payment and if these names are different, your credit card will be rejected and your service will be suspended.

It doesn't matter what you use in the billing name under payment. This is sort of different from other providers or websites like Amazon where your profile name and billing name don't have to be the same.  But somehow PM turned on this check. I wish I had been notified through some text message that such a check is being done.

@kaiser_sozeGo to a store and purchase a voucher to get your phone up and working first. Then maybe contact the moderators by clicking on the ? on the lower right hand corner and see if they can enter your card for you manually.

ilikepm
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

1. If you mean by service cut-off that your can't use your phone to make calls or send texts, then it is an issue only a moderator can help you with.

2. If it's just a reactivation issue, it normally happens on the day your payment is due and should get back to normal the next day. So you may not need to re-enter anything.

Hope this helps!

kaiser_soze

Thanks for the suggestion but neither worked:

Unable to process this transaction.
Sorry, we are unable to verify your credit card information, so this transaction could not be completed. Your credit card has not been charged.

@kaiser_soze Try clicking reactivate and making a one time payment of $1 with the exact same information. If it works then you know it's a pm issue.

Also if it works, click reactivate and try making a one time payment of your plan amount. One of these may solve your issue and the funds will stay there to pay for your plan once the mods fix you up.

Since a Moderator is already involved, I would not make any changes to your credit card for now.

At a later time (or if suggested by the Moderator), you can try removing/deleting the credit card and adding it back in again.

kaiser_soze

Am I correct in that it won't allow a user to re-enter the credit card again (eventhough it is still valid)?

I haven't seen this problem in any other self service portals where you can re-enter the payment information.

Since the service has been down for a day and waiting for the moderators who maybe busy, I'm just trying to understand if the only option is to use a new credit card.

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

Since you are already in contact with a Moderator, best to ask him/her how to handle or fix this issue.

PM has not announce any plans to add paypal.

Need Help? Let's chat.