cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: PM billing/payment improvement to reduce impact to service

Yes, the moderators told me this. I was very surprised indeed and wanted to caution others.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@kaiser_soze wrote:

Yes, the moderators told me this. I was very surprised indeed and wanted to caution others.

Perhaps some other regulars here that manage multiple accounts for others can add their experiences. I have two active accounts in different names but I run on Available Funds. I do use the same gift card for them though just to satisfy autopay to get the $2.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@kaiser_soze wrote:

I ended up paying through an alternate card. Yes, voucher would have been another option but didn't have the time to get to a store.

The cause of the problem turns out that Public Mobile's billing department turned on a new check where the profile name is being compared to the billing name in payment and if these names are different, your credit card will be rejected and your service will be suspended.

It doesn't matter what you use in the billing name under payment. This is sort of different from other providers or websites like Amazon where your profile name and billing name don't have to be the same.  But somehow PM turned on this check. I wish I had been notified through some text message that such a check is being done.

So I just wanted to notify other users to make sure your profile name and billing name are exactly the same to not run into the same problem I had.

Very interesting. Thanks for sharing!

Highlighted
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@kaiser_soze wrote:

So I just wanted to notify other users to make sure your profile name and billing name are exactly the same to not run into the same problem I had.

There is no requirement for this.  The name in the profile of the self serve account can be anything. It absolutely does not need to match the name used for billing. If a moderators have said that, they're mistaken.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@computergeek541 wrote:

@kaiser_soze wrote:

There is no requirement for this.  The name in the profile of the self serve account can be anything. It absolutely does not need to match the name used for billing. If a moderators have said that, they're mistaken.

So it's just coincidence that now it works? Or the mods did something and claimed it was the profile info?

I agree with you but would like to hear from people with actual experience with multiple accounts/same card.

Highlighted
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@z10user4 wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

@kaiser_soze wrote:

So it's just coincidence that now it works? Or the mods did something and claimed it was the profile info?

I agree with you but would like to hear from people with actual experience with multiple accounts/same card.

I'll just say that I'm not guessing.  I have a bunch of accounts used by family.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@computergeek541 wrote:

@z10user4 wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

@kaiser_soze wrote:

I'll just say that I'm not guessing.  I have a bunch of accounts used by family.

Like I said, I agree with you. The story seems rather unlikely. Thanks for adding your experiences with multiple accounts. I think popping does too. And will13am. I'm sure there are others.

I think the mods are mis-interpreting something or blaming something else.

Highlighted

Rest assured buddy, moderator is gonna get things done for you. I don't think PM has made any post adding PayPal for the payment yet. Have a good day!

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@_Naren wrote:

Rest assured buddy, moderator is gonna get things done for you. I don't think PM has made any post adding PayPal for the payment yet. Have a good day!

I don't expect Paypal to be added. Does any other carrier take it?

Highlighted

I am not sure if it worked for you for months means it's OK because for months I have had a different profile and a billing name and it has worked fine. The moderator mentioned this was a recent change and it appears it does this at random. I find it odd but oh well.

I also suggested they allow a logged in user to delete and re-enter the credit card which also didn't work at the time but I guess once the CC is on hold by PM you are forced to use another form of payment. Here was the moderator response <xxx> and <yyy> as name:

Post 1 by moderator:

I received a response from my Payment services department just now and our system block for your credit card has been removed now.

Kindly register your credit card through self-serve again so it may be used for future payments.

I was advised that what generated the system block is that on your Public Mobile account, you're registered as xxx and the credit card is listed under your full first name yyy. It seems that system didn't flag this before and put in the block on the credit card afterwards due to the name mismatch.

Now the credit card is unblocked and it's been approved, so you can continue to use it to make payments in our system.

I apologize for the inconvenience and confusion this may have caused.

I remain at your service.

Post #2:

I really apologize for the inconvenience experienced.

Our system is made out to search for matches in names / address when a credit card payment is process, to avoid that misuse or credit card abuse is done while purchasing our services in our website.

This type of blocks are done by the system whenever it finds discrepancies. I will definitely pass along the feedback so the process to unblock the credit card is improved.