cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PLEASE HELP!!! I dont know what to do. Public mobile wont issue me a refund. already provided proof

robayye
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

basically they charged me twice back in May from 2 different credit cards because their autopay wasnt working. asked for a refund, took 3 months to receive an answer and now they wont provide me with my refund because i didnt have proof. its really frustrating and stressful and i just want my money back. screenshoted my conversation with them and proof 

6.PNG

9 REPLIES 9

@robayye wrote:

hey william,

here is the proof that I sent them back on May,

1.PNG

@robayye, I am just a customer at large like yourself.  I am not the one you need to convince for the refund.  Please respond to the moderator team private message seeking additional information.

robayye
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

hey william,

here is the proof that I sent them back on May,

1.PNG

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

@robayye

Sorry for the trouble you might be encountering however, for any assistance with this matter, can you please continue the private conversation you've already started with us.

Also, due to the nature of the information in the screenshots, we have removed them for security purposes. 

Thanks again for your cooperation and  understanding! 

@NDesai

Usually first card claims charge denied

So user enters a second card

But thats more an activation error than a renewal

@NDesai wrote:

@robayye Double charge is a very rare case. I am not sure how the system charged you on your two different credit cards from a single account. Can you log into your self-serve account and post a screenshot of your transaction history from back in May? Be sure to hide any personal details. 

I think there are some personal details in the screenshots you posted that is visible to the public as this is a public community.

It happens rarely

In 20+ accounts over past decade I have only had it happen twice

In both scenarios (new act once and renewal once) I was asked to provide proof of payment via credit card statement

@robayye

Sorry to hear about your troubles.  Not sure whether as community members, we can help you since we don't control the accounting or billing side of Public Mobile.

If this happened to me, I would send Public Mobile, both credit card bank statements scanned with the charges highlighted, so the moderators would know that you were double billed.  

It might be too late, but you could try to dispute the charge with the credit card company for which you feel was charged inappropriately the second time.  

thirstyturtle18
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

If you aren't getting anywhere with Public Mobile on this issue, you do have one more avenue for recourse, and that would be to call your credit card company and initiate a chargeback stating that the duplicate charge wasn't authorized.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@robayye Double charge is a very rare case. I am not sure how the system charged you on your two different credit cards from a single account. Can you log into your self-serve account and post a screenshot of your transaction history from back in May? Be sure to hide any personal details. 

I think there are some personal details in the screenshots you posted that is visible to the public as this is a public community.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@robayye wrote:

basically they charged me twice back in May from 2 different credit cards because their autopay wasnt working. asked for a refund, took 3 months to receive an answer and now they wont provide me with my refund because i didnt have proof. its really frustrating and stressful and i just want my money back. screenshoted my conversation with them and proof 

6.PNG

It seems like they are asking for statements to prove your assertion.  Seems reasonable to me.  I can't read one of the images as my screen is not large enough to see the tiny print. 

Need Help? Let's chat.