cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overpayment

Anannyasingh
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I made an online payment earlier this month, which was constantly getting denied, it got accepted around the third time, however i was charged for all three tries, and id really like to speak to someone regarding this

16 REPLIES 16

@haaruunos1 

I did exactly the same thing recently....the payment page gives you the impression that you did not click the submit button correctly. You click again and suddenly your payment goes thru twice. Very annoying!! Check that you see the extra funds in your account balance. If so it's best to leave it there to pay for your next renewal.

If you dont see the extra payment in your balance and transaction history or the payment will cause you undue financial hardship you can contact customer support for a refund. However refunds can take up to 30 days so consider asking for a credit instead of a refund if the extra payment is just missing from your available funds.

@haaruunos1 can you try login to My Account again and check if there is any $ as available charges?  Maybe the 2md transactions was charged but loaded as Available Fund?  if so, maybe let it kept there for next renewal.   It is easier that way as refund could take two weeks to go back to your credit card.

@haaruunos1 wrote:

I have paid my bill payment today it was denied the first so I tried second time now I have got charged twice so anyone who can help ?

@haaruunos1 

It's quite possible you're seeing a charge as a 'pending' charge on your credit card and not a posted (authorized) charge.

To be sure, check the Available Balance on your self-serve to see if the 'extra' payment is resting there.   If it is, just leave it for the next cycle payment - much easier than going through any request for refund which will take as long as a cycle of service.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@haaruunos1 wrote:

I have paid my bill payment today it was denied the first so I tried second time now I have got charged twice so anyone who can help ?

@haaruunos1 

sign in to Self-Serve, to review your account, if you found at Available Funds: $$ has the amount left, leave it for next bill cycle the will take it from there automatically,

or you need to  Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent ,and Explain your issue to 
they can solve your issue, they are nice service Team the will help you 100%.

Here’s How To Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,and Submit a Ticket,

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,Click Here link,to get started. Type,, Ticket ,, Click ,, Contact Us ,, Select your issue ,,
    Click here to submit a ticket↗↗.

• or you can send a private message to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, by Click Here link,
  • please include in your message,
  • phone number,
  • account 4 digit pin,
  • Email address,

• Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
  • During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.Customer Support Agents are available:
    • Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST
    • Note: For public mobile No Support by phone call or Email.. only by CS_Agentprivate message..

Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck.

haaruunos1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Yes I agree with @Korth 

As long as you see the amount of your payments (that hasn’t already been used) sitting as available cash, I would just leave it there and it will be used to make your next payment or two. Life is too short to waste time trying to get it out back to the card. By the time it is there another payment will be getting charged to the card anyway.

AE_Collector

@Spudster wrote:
See Service Terms at bottom of page, under section titled, "How does Public Mobile prepaid service work", which reads (in part):

• Prepaid service credits are non-refundable.

Charges to credit cards can (almost) always be reversed by the consumer. The money wouldn't be refunded by the vendor (Public Mobile), it would simply be cancelled as if it were "never" paid to them in the first place. Conditions and limitations can vary as defined by each credit card issuer.

Of course, cancelling payments so will likely flag a note onto your account. Businesses don't like bad business with customers who consistently fail (or refuse) to meet payment obligations. It's a hassle, it costs time and money. I've read a few unusual complaints on these forums from customers who'd established "bad credit" with Public Mobile, they could only pay through payment vouchers or through unusual "AutoPay" arrangements with funds sent through Western Union.

I wouldn't worry about overpayment. Available funds in account are always used first - if you have enough balance to pay for a few months service then you just don't have to pay again for a few months. There's no requirement to pay each and every month, Public Mobile is always happy to take (non-refundable) money from you in advance.

Spudster
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Anannyasingh wrote:

Thank you so much for the help, i just sent them a private message! 

See Service Terms at bottom of page, under section titled, "How does Public Mobile prepaid service work", which reads (in part):

• Prepaid service credits are non-refundable.

Anannyasingh

Me too thanks! 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anannyasingh wrote:

@Anannyasingh 

your welcome,
i hope the will answer to you as soon as possible....

Anannyasingh

Anannyasingh

Thank you for the help, no its not pending the amount was added to my public mobile account.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

(EDIT:   like @esjliv referenced above  😉)

Hi @Anannyasingh 

On your self-serve, is the area below displaying the 'extra' payments?

Fortunately, placing extra money on your Public Mobile account is like money in the bank and will be used toward future renewals.   

See this section below on your self-serve to see if the payments are in this area:

HALIMACS_0-1630456453968.png

Helpershelper
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Anannyasingh 

I would make sure you check to see if the charges to your credit card are not in a pending state. Some charges show up as pending but aren’t posted. The agent you contact will forward your request to the financial department and they should get back to you soon.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Anannyasingh wrote:

I made an online payment earlier this month, which was constantly getting denied, it got accepted around the third time, however i was charged for all three tries, and id really like to speak to someone regarding this

@Anannyasingh 

If those are all Approved charges on your card, then you could ask for a refund via CSA.

To contact the Public Mobile Customer Support Agent (CSA)_Team, there are two methods to reach them:

1 -  Faster - Click the bubble comment circle on the bottom right-hand side of your screen,

or use this link to: Get Help With SIMon the Public Mobile chatbot

OR

2 – Slower - Use this link to:

Private Message to Public Mobile Customer Support Agents (CSA)

NOTE: are the funds showing in your Available funds area on your Self Serve?

IF so, you could just leave it there to be used for future payments of you plan.

This area always gets used first when renewing.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anannyasingh 

sign in to Self-Serve, to review your account, if you found at Available Funds: $ ? has the amount left,
leave it for next bill cycle the will take it from there automatically,

or Explain your issue to Contact Customer Support Agent by  ,
they can solve your issue, they are nice service Team the will help you 100%.

Here’s How To Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, and Submit a Ticket 

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,Click Here to get started.

• or you can send a private message to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, by Click Here
  • You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

• please include in your message,
  • your account number, 
  • your phone number,
  • your account 4 digit pin,
  • your Email address,

• Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
     Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck

Need Help? Let's chat.