cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overpayment

cojanu1999
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Why am I being charged $1.16 on top of my monthly dues?

8 REPLIES 8

@computergeek541 

If I were to hazard a guess, I would suspect that @esjliv initial comment ( which they edited as they needed coffee - 🤣🤣), may have made some reference to a 16% tax.

Anywhere close,  @esjliv ? I kind of wondered where that came from as well earlier but didn't bother asking...

@darlicious wrote:

@esjliv 

What province charges 16% tax....unless its a typo meaning 15% tax?

Being charged an extra $1.16 on top of the plan fees doesn't mean 16% tax.  That would only be the case if the customer was charged $1 plus tax, but nothing else for the plan renewal or top up . While there could be a typo in that $1.16 amount, that would have to be divdided by the provinces applicable GST+PST (or HST) rate to determine the pretax amount that was charged.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

OP might be on the $25 plan with AutoPay. $25-$2 + 5% Alberta tax = $24.15.

@cojanu1999 If that is not correct, please let us know what plan and rewards you have so we can clarify how the tax is calculated.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@cojanu1999 wrote:

Hello @cojanu1999 

Quite likely it's the associated Provincial taxes which are always on top of plan charges and payments to cover them, as provided by all other replies prior.

Can you indicate the specific amount that has the $1.16 added to it and your Province of residence so we can be certain in reply?

EDIT:   a handy Provincial tax-rate table attached

Sales Tax Rates by Province in Canada | Retail Council of Canada

@esjliv 

What province charges 16% tax....unless its a typo meaning 15% tax?

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@cojanu1999 wrote:

@cojanu1999 ,

EDIT: well that math didn't make sense (thanks @darlicious ) morning coffee not kicked in, need more...

Your Self Serve account payment history never includes taxes to be viewable, but, indeed, taxes are owed.

When you make a manual payment or when payment is taken via Autopay taxes will be charged.

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

@cojanu1999 You have to pay taxes.

Need Help? Let's chat.