cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overcharged

Mac2
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

When trying to change my phone plan I was charged a $10 fee, then a $33 fee and then finally another $44 fee from my bank account. All I have got is the intended $40 for 30 days unlimited text and talk and 4.5 gb. 

12 REPLIES 12

selva1
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Very interesting charges to your account. 3 charges with 2 has only sales taxes. Further, which province charges 10% sales tax? My recommendation is to scan your account including your current plan and add ons and send a quick email to moderator team. Good luck. Happy Canada Day.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Mac2 

PM took $10+tax, $30+tax and $40+tax from your autopay credit/debit card.

PM took $40 to pay for your $40 5GB plan (Note 1)

There is $40 available fund on your account which can be used for next renewal.

Since PM had taken money from your credit/debit card, you are on autopay.  I don't understand why PM did not give you $2 autopay credit on June 30th.  You may want to send a private message to moderator to find out why.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Note 1: you should get 5GB data instead of 4.5GB with autopay enabled.

@Mac2 

It looks like that you were charged twice $40 x 2.  You do have balance of $40 which will be used for your next month payment. 

You could ask for a refund from moderator, but refunds take time with Public Mobile.  By the time you get a refund to your credit card, it will likely be your next due date anyways.  Just easier to keep the funds for the next payment. 

Mac2

IMG_5959.PNG

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Mac2 wrote:

Perhaps but I had selected the $40 plan only, it seems the website has made an error 

Please post a screen shot of your payment history without your personal info.  We can find out why PM take your fund from you.

bravo_md

You said you made a switch..you didn't just choose the $40 plan.   Right?

Mac2

Perhaps but I had selected the $40 plan only, it seems the website has made an error 

bravo_md

You just may have switched from the $10.00 PLAN  to the  $30.00 PLAN  and then to the $40.00 PLAN   all in the middle of your billing cycles. Your last bank statement just showed all these charges in one statement.        What do you all think?

bravo_md

I think you got the $10.00 charge for the PM Sim card when you switched to PM from an other  carrier.    You got charged $33.00 ( $30 plan plus TAX )  and then you got charged $44.00 ( $40 plan plus TAX )     when you swithed from the $30 plan to the $40 plan in the middle of your billing cycle.          I'll bet any money that's what the charges were for.    You weren't every clear to begin with in your original post.

sulagok

If you have changed your plan, even on same day, it usually request that you top up to be able to change to a new plan.

When I joined PM, it happened to me that I changed plans on same day and unknown to me then, I had to do the top up and changed before it dawn on me that my expected balance was not reflected.

Thanks to the moderators, who are always considerate. I contacted them with my explanation of what happened and my balance was returned (not on the card though).

Alex888
Mayor / Maire
@Mac2 Did you do an immediate plan change between renewals? Even if you just renewed your plan you will lose the remainder when you change plans and you have to pay the full cost of the new plan immediately.

mojorising
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

What was your plan before you switched to the $40 plan? because if you changed to the $40 in the middle of your billing cyle it would explain some of the charges but we won't know for sure until you tell us your old plan.

Also a screen shot of your payment history my help explain the charges, just make sure you remove personal infromation.

And you might want to remove your account number from your orginal post as well.

Need Help? Let's chat.