cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overcharged

Ainsley03
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I wanted to add an extra 10g on for $50 but the website wouldn't load and ended up triple purchasing and taking $150 off my card. No way to contact public mobile (of course) and no answer from the ticket I submitted. I want my $100 BACK ASAP! Any way to remove funds from your balance?

6 REPLIES 6

@computergeek541 

OMG!! I hope the OP didn't do this but nice catch if they did....but if they did I can kinda see how that can happen!

@Ainsley03 

If you did do what @computergeek541 has proposed you can get that fixed by the moderators by explaining it was an honest mistake. The official policy is no refunds. But they are very accomodating and will very likely credit the funds to your account to be used for your renewals.

@Ainsley03 wrote:

I wanted to add an extra 10g on for $50 but the website wouldn't load and ended up triple purchasing and taking $150 off my card. No way to contact public mobile (of course) and no answer from the ticket I submitted. I want my $100 BACK ASAP! Any way to remove funds from your balance?

Sorry, but 10GB cannot be added on top of your current plan.  The only way to do that would be to purcahse add-ons.  I'm wondering if you've purchased add-ons instead of changing your plan.

For a  purchase of 10GB of add-on data, $150 is actually the correct price.  To add 10GB of non-expiring add-on data, you would need to purchase the 1GB for $15 add-on ten times, which would be priced at $150. 

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Ainsley03 wrote:

@Ainsley03 

Did you process an immediate plan change to the $50 plan (from a different plan?)

It's quite likely if your credit card displays 3 separate charges under unauthorized (or pending) charges, that 2 of them will 'drop off' and not post to the authorized transactions.

The other possibility, is that $100 is 'resting' in your Available Funds section of your self-serve, and will remain there as a credit toward future renewals.   It's kinda like money in the bank.

Hope all goes well...

@Ainsley03 

Have you been checking your private message box for a message from a moderator? Typical wait times have been 2 to 4 hours up to 48 hours for non urgent issues. Wait times in the past week have been about an hour.

Check your account for your account balance/payment history. If it matches your credit card statement (+tax on your statement) then its best to leave it for your next couple of renewals as refunds generally take up to 30 days. 

Don't worry you didn't triple pay for your service you just triple topped up your account.

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

You did the right thing, they will answer within 72 hours probably in less than 24

If you don't plan to leave i would suggest you leave it there as it takes about 30 days for funds to go back and by that time you will have to renew and another 50 will be used from your balance overall of charging to cc. This is of course if you don't have to pay interest on it (ie you can afford to pay the whole balance of your cc)

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Ainsley03  - unfortunately, you will need to wait for the moderators to get back to you - regarding the ticket you opened.  There is no direct support line.

Need Help? Let's chat.