cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overcharged

Suganthy
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, recently I lost my debit card. So, I have received a new one. I updated my AutoPay to have my new card. Public Mobile was suppose to take $23.73 from my card. However, they took $54.24 ($28.25 + 25.99). Public Mobile, can you please refund the extra money that you have taken from my card? Thank you.

14 REPLIES 14

Suganthy

Okay, I guess I'll have to wait. Thank you so much for all your help!

@Suganthy 

Strange if you didnt try to pay for your renewal during the process and both your payment and autopay applied near the same time. As suggested by @LurganIeUk  just leave the extra payment in your account for the next payment. Refunds can take 30 days to go thru and at the current wait times it might take 30 days to hear from a moderator. Lol!

Suganthy

When I view my Payment History it says I have balance from the transactions.

Did you check Your transactions?

Deposits

Charges

Balance. 

We would like to make sure it is not something else or if all is well with you and the balance will be used for your next payment. 

Suganthy

Oh okay, thank you!

Suganthy

Okay, thank you very much!

@Suganthy 

It being your renewal I take it. Its very likely its a correction with one pending charge to be posted and the other to be removed. I would wait and see wat happens with the two charges over the next couple of days. Hold off on moderator contact they are seriously backed up with wait times exceeding 72+hours.

Check your MY ACCOUNT balance.

Is it all there?

OR

All there minus a payment?  And a balance? If yes.....just leave it there and your next payment It will be taken from your balance first. 

@Suganthy ,

Are these showing as pending purchases on your credit card, as @Anonymous mentioned?

EDIT-if they are pending credit card purchases, this could be adjusted/corrected in a day or two.

Or are you seeing two payments on your SELF SERVE payment history?

Suganthy

Both payments happened today.

@Suganthy 

What are the dates of your transactions? Are they the same day? As @Anonymous mentioned December had 31 days it could be a two payment month (Dec.1st and 31st.) Is there more than one account that gets charged to your card? Did you make a payment but autopay went thru anyways and you have a credit on your account balance? Check your payment history to your card transactions.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Suganthy : How do you come to conclude the numbers?

23.73 / 1.13 = 21

28.25 / 1.13 = 25

25.99 / 1.13 = 23

When did you activate?

21 could be initial autopay credit and then autopay reward. 23 could be just the normal autopay reward. 25 obviously full fare.

Still a mess but curious. Are you sure they aren't in pending status on your payment card?

Did remove the card which toggles off autopay and then re-added the new card and maybe forgot to toggle autopay back on?

Which might mean that you're into your 4th term. Also that maybe you paid twice in a calendar month as these are 30 day plans.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Hello @Suganthy 

What were the dates of these two transactions? If this was a duplicate charge. Contact the mods. Although it may just be best to keep the funds in your account until next renewal.

To contact the Public Mobile Moderator_Team, there are two ways to reach them:

1 -  Click the bubble comment circle on the bottom right hand side of your screen, or use this link to: Get Help With SIMon the Public Mobile chatbot

OR

2 - Use this link to:

Private Message to Public Mobile Moderators (PM Customer Service Representatives)

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@Suganthy 

Look at Available Funds in self service. If the money is there just leave it for the next renewal. If the money is not there contact a moderator.

Contact a Moderator 
  • Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.
Need Help? Let's chat.