cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overcharged

PM_PhoneSupport
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Public Mobile overcharged my account. I enrolled in an unlimited plan.

1) I was charged more than the plan fee.

2) I do not see an option to download a PDF statement to review charges.

3) I am getting prompts for additional charges for long distance even though I have a Canada wide plan.

4) There does not seem to be any human to talk to get billing issues resolved.

18 REPLIES 18

Calls outside your local calling area (similar to how landline services works) are still considered Long Distance calls. Your plan includes free Long Distance calling within Canada but it is still “Long Distance” thus a 1 may be required. Not everyone on the Telus cell network has free Long Distance calling throughout Canada and many/most people are on Postpaid plans where going ahead with a LD call MAY result in extra charges so ... the network gives the warning message.

AE_Collector

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

Oops.jpeg

@PM_PhoneSupport wrote:

I understand the saving piece and am happy to use the forum for generic issues, but:

There should be some bare minimum service from Public mobile in the form of phone support to assist with billing concerns.

Right now, I have no statement or support to understand what were the extra charges.

Hi @PM_PhoneSupport unfortunately Public Mobile does not have person-to-person service.  What Public Mobile has is an impressive online community that is very active full of knowledgeable and helpful members.  That's us, fellow customers!

As already explained by @computergeek541 above, you were charged HST.  We all pay taxes, no?

@PM_PhoneSupport 

There are never any overages with public mobile....ever. As explained you must pay tax on your plan. It's pretty clear to most when you sign up that public mobile has an online service model only. No phone support and that's not going to change. And...

Here's the definitive  post on getting invoices from public mobile authored by @AE_Collector . Invoices are best requested in quarterly, semi-annually or in yearly batches. ( 90 day, 180 day or 360 day invoices.)

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/Request-a-Receipt-for-your-Ac...

@PM_PhoneSupport  taking a guess here but is this your 3rd payment?

1st payment $25 plus province taxes.

At signup system cannot apply the $2 auto-pay reward so you are credited to $2 manually for 1st payment.

2nd payment - $21 plus province taxes because you had $4 discount for 1st payment auto-pay credit of $2 and 2nd payment auto-pay credit of $2.

3rd payment (and all future payments) $23 plus you province taxes.

Make sense?

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@PM_PhoneSupport wrote:

Automatic Top-Up - 25

AutoPay Reward - 2

So should expect $23. I am not familiar with exact taxes and was just comparing the amounts charged month over month. 

Please take a screenshot of your payment history with your personal info masked out.

We will take determine what had happened to your last renewal.

@PM_PhoneSupport wrote:

Automatic Top-Up - 25

AutoPay Reward - 2

So should expect $23. I am not familiar with exact taxes and was just comparing the amounts charged month over month. 

So let Gogle be your friend. Search tax rates for whatever province your account is in. It's just that easy.

@PM_PhoneSupport wrote:

Automatic Top-Up - 25

AutoPay Reward - 2

Please see my earilier message about how you would have received a double autopay reward during the first renewal (second 30 days).  Even if that's not what caused the descrepency, Public Mobile undercharging you for one renewal doesn't mean that they're now overcharging you.

PM_PhoneSupport

Automatic Top-Up - 25

AutoPay Reward - 2

@PM_PhoneSupport wrote:

I understand the saving piece and am happy to use the forum for generic issues, but:

There should be some bare minimum service from Public mobile in the form of phone support to assist with billing concerns.

Right now, I have no statement or support to understand what were the extra charges.

You've stated that your plan is $23 after autopay reward. Everyone here needs to pay sales tax, and it needs to be added on top of that $23. The amount you're being charged is right.

As for phone support, unfortunately if you need that, you're at the wrong carrier. Public Mobile doesn't provide that in any form. With that said, you will rarely need to contact customer service. 

popping

@PM_PhoneSupport wrote:

On $25 plan which comes to $23 total after discounts. Last month was charged $23 total but now charged around $26 total. 

Yes, I need the PDF monthly statement (at least once but preferably on a recurring basis).

I already tried the chat; its a bot which requests a ticket, which is what I did.

I might ignore "long distance charges" on the next call but it would be good if there a way for fix it to make sure I am not being overcharged.

Check your payment history.

When you put money to your account, $23 + 13% HST = $25.99 on your cc and $23 in your account.

Create a moderator support ticket to ask for your tax statement using the ? button at the bottom right corner of this page.

Dial 1 in front of your number to stop the long distance charge warning message.

@PM_PhoneSupport wrote:

On $25 plan which comes to $23 total after discounts. Last month was charged $23 total but now charged around $26 total. 

Yes, I need the PDF monthly statement (at least once but preferably on a recurring basis).

I already tried the chat; its a bot which requests a ticket, which is what I did.

I might ignore "long distance charges" on the next call but it would be good if there a way for fix it to make sure I am not being overcharged.

You're not being overcharged. You must pay sales tax.

If your plan is $23 after autopay discount, the total charge on your credit card should not be $23. If Public Mobile forgot to charge the tax, that means that you were undercharged.  $23 plus a 13% HST does come out to roughly $26. The amount you are being charged is correct. it's also possible that you were being charged less for the previous renewal because when you activate your account, you do not immediately receive the autopay discount. For the first rennewal activation, you would have got a double discount for autopay.

Helpershelper
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@PM_PhoneSupport 

I see, it might be the sales tax, and it would be a different percentage depending on where you live.

PM_PhoneSupport

popping

@PM_PhoneSupport 

1.  The extra charge over the plan fee is the sales tax of your province when you add fund to you account using cc.

2.  PM does not have usage statement.  

3.  It may be warning message telling your call may incur long distance charge.  It connects your call after the warning message.   PM is a prepaid service.  Therefore, there is no extra charge if it let you connect your calls.  Dial a 1 before your phone number will stop the warning message.

4.  PM does not have call center to pass the saving to us, the customers.  Support is provided by moderator on this forum.

Create a moderator support ticket for help using using the ? button at the bottom right corner of this page.

PM_PhoneSupport

Helpershelper
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@PM_PhoneSupport 

I can understand your frustration with this.

1) Can you tell us what fee was charged outside of the amount of your plan. PM is prepaid so you will never be billed more than your plan’s amount.

2) One of the reasons PM saves you so much on your bill is that it does not have the fancy services like this that other providers do unfortunately.

3) To dial long distance, you can try dialling 1 then the phone number.

4) The reason you are saving so much on your bill is that there is not any live customer service. For 99% of users, it works great but the forums are answered in real-time too as you can see.

@PM_PhoneSupport wrote:

Public Mobile overcharged my account. I enrolled in an unlimited plan.

1) I was charged more than the plan fee.

2) I do not see an option to download a PDF statement to review charges.

3) I am getting prompts for additional charges for long distance even though I have a Canada wide plan.

4) There does not seem to be any human to talk to get billing issues resolved.

Which plan are you on and how much did you get chage? Are you remembering about the sales tax?

Public Mobile does not provide an official tax receipt unless you ask the moderators for it.  You can request them by opening a ticket at: https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat

There are never any extra charges for anything here base on the individual use of any feature. You have to have paid for something or it just doesn't work. If you're hearing a message that says long distance charges may apply, ignore it and the call will connect as normal.

Customer service is reached at the link that I have provided above.

Need Help? Let's chat.