Overcharged

skittles22
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I was overcharged on my last bill. How can I have this rectified 

9 REPLIES 9

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@skittles22 wrote:

Thanks for that. I just moved back to Canada and changed provinces. On top of it looks like I am being charged taxes from the old province. The difference has been added to my account as credit. Thanks

@skittles22 FYI taxes are charged based on what province your phone number's area code belongs to, not by what address is on your account.  If you want to be taxed the rate for your new province, you would have to change phone number to one in your new province.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

skittles22

Thanks for that. I just moved back to Canada and changed provinces. On top of it looks like I am being charged taxes from the old province. The difference has been added to my account as credit. Thanks

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

@skittles22 wrote:

See if overcharged amount was added to Public self serve account balance. It takes a very long time for refunds and if the overcharge was added to account, you can use it for your renewal.

@skittles22 wrote:

How much is tax? It is possible some of it has been credited to my account 

What province are you in?  How much is your plan cost and what was charged? 

Here are some of the GST/HST provincial taxes that will be added to your plan cost.

BC - 12%

Ontario - 13%

Alberta - 5%

Maritime provinces - 15%

PAULRANG18
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

The moderators can correct this by contacting them. Click ?, bottom right, and follow instructions.

skittles22

How much is tax? It is possible some of it has been credited to my account 

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@skittles22 wrote:

You can try posting a screenshot of your payment history so we can see what may have happened.

Also double check to see if you purchased any add-ons during this period that might have been forgotten.

Only moderators will be able to issue you an account credit if you were overcharged, so you can contact them by submitting a ticket via SIMon by clicking on the ? mark botttom right of your screen.

skittles22

Overcharged as in more was withdrawn from my account than it should be. It was not tax

GR
Mayor / Maire

@skittles22 you can click on the question mark on the right hand side of the page and start a conversation with Simon the chat bot and get a ticket and the moderators will get back to you soon!  What do you mean by overcharged?  Could it be tax? 

Need Help? Let's chat.