cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overcharged on my credit card bill

idatoo
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Dear Sir, Madam,

My account statement on the Public Mobile website stated that my net charge is $22 per month plus taxes. However, when reviewing my credit card bill I was charged twice on Nov 8 for 28.25.

Regards,

Shabnum.

13 REPLIES 13

Hi @idatoo 

And you have only 1 Public Mobile account?  

Can you screenshot your Payment History tab for the last 60 days?   (making sure not to include personal/private information)

idatoo

No available funds.

Hi @idatoo 

Do you have an amount in your Available Funds?

Can you share how much?

idatoo

@Spudster

28.25 / 1.13 = 25.

Perhaps they have $3 of rewards. Likely the $2 autopay and maybe a dollar refer a friend for maybe their spouse.

So that should be 22 * 1.13 = 24.86

But they said they got charged twice on the full 25. So they have a couple problems.

Yes, that is correct.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@HALIMACS wrote:

@Spudster 

It's really hard to say what's happening with a person's account unless there's a full understanding of their payment history, eligible rewards, and plan charges. (not to mention their tax rate...)

I simply back calculate from the gross to an even number to get to the tax rate. Quebec's a little trickier 🙂 . Then I subtract guessed rewards. But that net amount as the OP term used can be got to starting at different plan costs too.

But in this case I highly suspect the plan is 25 and 3 rewards. Why else would this kludgy payment system charge $28.25 when 22 is mentioned?

@Spudster 

It's really hard to say what's happening with a person's account unless there's a full understanding of their payment history, eligible rewards, and plan charges. (not to mention their tax rate...)

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Spudster wrote:

@esjliv 

Didn't the person originally say the charges were just over $28 with tax.

I can't figure out how $22 + tax could equal anywhere near that.   That's almost 30% tax.

Something's not right there - don't ya think?

@Spudster 

28.25 / 1.13 = 25.

Perhaps they have $3 of rewards. Likely the $2 autopay and maybe a dollar refer a friend for maybe their spouse.

So that should be 22 * 1.13 = 24.86

But they said they got charged twice on the full 25. So they have a couple problems.

• they are on the $25 plan
  • auto-pay failed
  • the system double charged them for the full cost of the plan. 
  • one charge may be a pending charge, but there is not enough info to go on

Spudster
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@esjliv 

Didn't the person originally say the charges were just over $28 with tax.

I can't figure out how $22 + tax could equal anywhere near that.   That's almost 30% tax.

Something's not right there - don't ya think?

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Hello @idatoo ,

Do you only manage one PM account? 

As @HALIMACS asks, if you look at your SELF SERVE account in your Available Funds area, does it show the additional funds there? 

If so, you can use it on your next renewal, but it probably should not have been charged twice. So as per @JK8 , I would inquire with the moderators about this.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@idatoo Can you please login to your self-serve account and review the payment history? Post a screenshot from last 60 days and make sure to hide any personal details. 

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Hi @idatoo 

Can you advise if you have an amount showing in your Available Funds on your account homepage?

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@idatoo wrote:

Dear Sir, Madam,

My account statement on the Public Mobile website stated that my net charge is $22 per month plus taxes. However, when reviewing my credit card bill I was charged twice on Nov 8 for 28.25.

Regards,

Shabnum.

Contact a moderator regarding the charges.

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Need Help? Let's chat.