cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overage data question

RBF
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

If I go slightly over my subscribed data amount, what is the amount I will be charged? Thanks, new guy, RBF.

8 REPLIES 8

If it is a one-time thing, you can get a data add on.  If you think you might need more and this is a regular thing, consider changing to a plan with more data.

RBF
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks for the info.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mh1983 wrote:

You'll get notified when you run out too. I second the data add on option to have an extra "storage bank" of data when you need to go over what the plan you're on allows.

I'm on the $10 plan. I've seen 10 minutes left, 10 texts left, 75 and 95% data left on the 200mb add-on...but never you're out of anything.

mh1983
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

You'll get notified when you run out too. I second the data add on option to have an extra "storage bank" of data when you need to go over what the plan you're on allows.

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@RBF  Suggestion- if you think you may "go over" (meaning you want to use more than you have) you can always pick up a data add-on that will last forever (until used up) then if you buy say 1gb for $30, and use 10mb extra each month, that $30 will get you buy for many years

jotsang
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Nothing as this is a pre-paid service. Once you hit the limit data stops working.

sandpublic
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@RBF wrote:

If I go slightly over my subscribed data amount, what is the amount I will be charged? Thanks, new guy, RBF.

PM is prepaid so there aren't any overage charges.

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@RBF wrote:

This is the beauty of a pre-paid service. There are no overages because you only get what you paid for. Once you run out of data you no longer have data. If you don't have a "long distance" plan (anything outside your province / city / canada wide, canada-us, etc) plan you canno't call long distance. Its a standard warning for everyone. The system also warns you when you get close to running out of data with text messages.

There are never any extra charges ever.

If you need to add extra minutes because you used yours up

Or if you need more data because yours is gone
Or you need to call usa because you don't have canada-us you can do it in self serve or dial 611 to make a payment then add an add-on

Need Help? Let's chat.