cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Over charged on my account

KLS
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I’m not understanding the transaction history on my account. This is the first bill for me after signing up and my bank account was overcharged. I have the $35 plan but there was another $24 charge from public mobile?? 

24 REPLIES 24

Derek2

Thank you! 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Derek2 wrote:

i want the 3 payments back

@Derek2 

Getting the 3 payments refunded would take weeks. If you're not tight on money then if it's in your Available Funds then maybe just leave it there. Your next renewals will use that first before going to any possible payment card.

@Derek2 wrote:

@Derek2 We are not PM employees here, just customers like you who try and help out. As stated you need to contact a moderator for help.

@Derek2 wrote:

They took 4 payments of $46 to change my plan to $50

Here’s how to contact the Moderator Team (Public Mobile representative) for assistance:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Derek2

Derek2

They took 4 payments of $46 to change my plan to $50

@Derek2 wrote:

They overcharge me $130

@Derek2 Is this just a statement or do you need help? As it stands no one can do much as you haven't provided any details. What plan are you on? When was your renewal? Can you post a pic of your transaction history to show us what was done? Without more info...

Derek2

They overcharge me $130

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jb456 : Oh you're right. That could be the $35 plan minus 14 = same total. He had to have used a referral code to get the dollar.

Edit: well that didn't come out right but we're all still trying to figure out what the OP is paying for.

@Jb456 thanks and to you too

@RosieR  yes hopefully he comes back to let us know.

But if you look at his screenshot when the auto-pay reward was credited it brought his balance to $4. So there is at least one transaction not showing on his screenshot. Guess he didn't use a referral code also cause it would be $14 balance. Weird tho because with a referral code and $4 auto-pay brings him to his other charge of $24.15. 

I'm leaning towards Z10user with he is paying for another account. Especially since he said and screenshot shows he referred someone.

Ah well wait and see if he enlightens us lol.

Have a good evening!

@Jb456 I was not questioning your responses.  I only wanted to say that as far as the image showed, I didn't think that the OP was not overcharged.  I hope the OP comes back and keep us updated.  

@RosieR  He has a post on page 1 saying he has two charges. Screenshot below.

Screenshot_20201124_230142.jpg

So the reason I asked if he can post a new screenshot is to see all his other credits and debits.  It could be like z10user mentioned. Paying someone else's bill or maybe he accidentally clicked something (some people do that are new) like  trying to change plans or something. Anyways Moderators will get back to him to let him know what went on.

RosieR
Mayor / Maire

@KLS wrote:

@JK8 
6CDE8F13-8C13-4EC6-A3E1-90DA0C29413D.jpeg

@Jb456 look at this image, it does not look like the OP was overcharged at all.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@KLS wrote:

@Jb456 It is my first renewal. One charge is $24.15 and the other is $34.50. And I signed up for the $35 plan with auto pay and referred one friend 

So the 34.50 is right for your account. 35 - 2 - 2 - 1 * 1.15 = 34.50

The other would be right if your payment card is paying for a $25 account that started with autopay and got the autopay reward for its renewal. 25 - 2 - 2 * 1.15 = 24.15

Are you paying for the referred "friend"?

@KLS  Can you do another screenshot but this time going back 90 days? I know you haven't been a member that long but just pick 90 so we know everything is showing.

KLS

@JoyLuck Yes I was charged twice. I’ve sent a message to the moderator team. Thank you! 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@KLS wrote:

@KLS : I don't see a problem here. You were charged $30. You have the $35 plan. You had $2 balance. You got the autopay and refer a friend reward. It still needed $30.

The dollar refer a friend suggests you referred someone. Was that someone another account in your household?

Edit: I hadn't seen the prior post from the OP when I wrote this.

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@KLS wrote:

It is my first renewal. One charge is $24.15 and the other is $34.50. And I signed up for the $35 plan with auto pay and referred one friend 

Have a moderator look into this if you were charged twice on your renewal date.

Was your cc charged twice on renewal? That is what matters.

Here’s how to contact the Moderator Team (Public Mobile representative) for assistance:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

KLS

@Jb456 It is my first renewal. One charge is $24.15 and the other is $34.50. And I signed up for the $35 plan with auto pay and referred one friend 

KLS

@JK8 
6CDE8F13-8C13-4EC6-A3E1-90DA0C29413D.jpeg

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@KLS  Did you recently join and now it is your first renewal?

If you joined with a referral code and signed up with autopay you would have received a $10 credit and a $2 credit into your available balance. Then there would have been an additional $2 credited to your available balance at renewal time. 

To total $14.  So $35 minus $14 is $21.

$21 times your province taxes billed to your card. What province are you in?

What is the exact amount you were charged?

Quebec is close.

$21 plus $3.14475 (tax) equals $24.15.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@KLS : Maybe also some full dollars and cents from the payment card could help us.

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@KLS wrote:

I’m not understanding the transaction history on my account. This is the first bill for me after signing up and my bank account was overcharged. I have the $35 plan but there was another $24 charge from public mobile?? 

Log into self service and look at your transaction history. You can post it here without personal info so we can assist you.

Need Help? Let's chat.