cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Over charge

AnhLam29
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, my credit card statement showing I was charge twice for $40. In total $80 was charged.  I have autopay reward for $2 and $10 for referral credit. I should have paid $38 for janurary 5 2020.  $50-$12 = $38.  But  I was charged $40  then another $40 second time? My next payment is due on feb 5, 2020 .

I'm also not getting auto reward anymore.

I change to another credit card it's not showing the $2 reward....

17 REPLIES 17

@Danishwitch 

PM charges hour plan details and such a little weird but we can help you make since of your payment history and if there is an unusual charge that warrants a moderator we will point you in the right direction. You are probably seeing depending on your plan.....

• 30 DAY PLAN......................$10
  • 100 CANADA WIDE TALK.....$5   or
  • 1GB DATA at 3G SPEED......$15  or
  • 5GB DATA at 3G SPEED......$30  ?

Along with rewards, an automatic top up is an auto pay charge, visa/debit top up is a manual charge made by you etc.....Starting to make sense?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Danishwitch : There's no one to verbally talk to here. All support is done by typing and through this community and the chatbot and making tickets and private message.

But we're (your fellow customers) all here to help you. What question do you have? Can you post your Payment history from here (not payment card).

Danishwitch
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

i do not understand these charges

Danishwitch
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I would really like to talk to someone about some charges on my account

Anonymous
Not applicable

@SGJV1 wrote:

I have been overcharged for my plan. I should be receiving the friend referral discount, autopay discount and another. Its been charged for few months. How do I get this refund and make sure it doesnt happen anymore?

Maybe post a screen snip of your payment history. Blank out any personal info of course.

There was also a clean-up of referrals done a while ago that may have impacted your costs.

@SGJV1 wrote:

I have been overcharged for my plan. I should be receiving the friend referral discount, autopay discount and another. Its been charged for few months. How do I get this refund and make sure it doesnt happen anymore?

Log into self service and confirm that you have a referral and autopay is set. If there is a discrepancy contact the moderators.(Note: Have you taken into account of taxes that too?)

Here’s how to contact the Moderator Team (Public Mobile representative) for assistance:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

SGJV1

@AnhLam29  It appears on the transaction history that you posted that you had one charge of $36 +tax. On your credit card online account you will often have the charge appear in both your transactions and your pending transactions. Depending on your credit card this will take up to 72 hours to clear with only the approved transaction remaining. Your autopay reward was applied so your autopay remained in effect when you changed your credit card. All is well as I originally suspected but I'm glad you've learned how to contact a moderator, got a speedy response and they have reassured you that everything is normal billing practice during your renewal. Expect the same for february but for $48+tax unless you change your plan for your next renewal.

@AnhLam29...you assigned yourself the Solution when it seems that @popping  was best able to explain the billing to you. Perhaps you can click the 3 little dots on top right side and edit to provide him/her the Solution. I'm sure they'd be happy you got it cleared up.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@AnhLam29 

PM took $50 + tax from your cc on Dec 7th and $36 + tax from your cc on Jan 6th.

When money going into your account, you need to pay sale tax.  Your payment history does not showing the tax amount - only the before tax amount.

How many PM transactions was on your cc?

If it is more than 2 PM transactions, PM took too much money from your cc.

AnhLam29

Ok thanks for the  explanation. $14 credits + $36 from autopay credit card = $50 available fund to pay for my January due date. I assume the $ 40 charge is from my autopay but I have another $40 that still pending?  I wont post my credit card statement due to privacy.

Nevermind, I got my answer. Thanks for your help guys.

Hi again!

The $40 pending transaction will disappear in a couple of days and you will receive that money back.

In case they won't, you will still have to send us a screenshot of those transactions in order to investigate them. Don't worry as you can blur your personal details.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can assist you with today!

Regards,

Ciprian

PM Mod Team.

popping

@AnhLam29 

From your screenshot, you have a $50 plan.  PM will always takes $50 from your available fund.

For the first 30 day, PM always wants full payment of $50 and gave you $2 autopay credit on Dec 7th which was added to the available fund in your account to be used to pay for your Jan plan fee.  You received $10 referral credit on Dec 8th and added to your available fund in your account.

For ths Jan payment, PM added another $2 autopay credit for your second month to your available fund before taking money $36 from your autopay credit card and added to your available fund.  At that point, you have $50 available fund.  Finally, PM took the $50 available fund from your account to pay for your second mouth plan fee.

When I says "month", I mean PM's 30 days billing cycle.

AnhLam29

Thanks, that solved the rewards problem. I'm in the process of talking to a moderator regarding the charges.

AnhLam29

Screenshot_20200109-190720_Chrome.jpg

@AnhLam29  When you changed your credit card you may have removed it from autopay accidentally. It's advisable to use the "replace my card" rather than "remove my card" under the "manage my card" option. Log into your account and go to the register for autopay and reregister your card for autopay. The autopay reward should reappear in that section. Remember your credit card will be charged your plan fee plus taxes. If your card was not registered for autopay on the day of your renewal you will not recieve the autopay reward. If your card was charged twice on renewal and a credit of $40 is not showing in your payment history you will have to contact the moderators  for a credit or refund. Refunds can take up to one month so a credit is usually a simpler option that can be used for your next renewal.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@AnhLam29 wrote:

Hi, my credit card statement showing I was charge twice for $40. In total $80 was charged.  I have autopay reward for $2 and $10 for referral credit. I should have paid $38 for janurary 5 2020.  $50-$12 = $38.  But  I was charged $40  then another $40 second time? My next payment is due on feb 5, 2020 .

Maybe if you could post a screen shot of your PM billing info,someone can help decipher. Edit out any personal info.

popping

@AnhLam29 wrote:

1.  Make sure that you enable autopay before the $2 autopay reward shows up on your overview page.

2.  Test your new autopay credit card info by adding $1 to your account.

3.  Create a moderator support ticket get credit for missing reward using the ? button at the right side bottom corner of this page.

Need Help? Let's chat.