cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Out of Country

JohnnyXI
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I am currently in Florida for 6 months and I'm wondering if there is a way suspend my service other than simply not paying the bill. I would be happy to pay a small monthly fee to keep the service active however I cannot see any way to do that. Alternatively I would like to use the Service in  Florida however it appears to be prohibitively expensive to do that. Any suggestions other than just not paying the bill for two months and 28 days which I am well aware of.

4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

@JohnnyXI wrote:

Thanks, I guess suspending autopay is the way to go, I'll just have to remember to pay for a month in under 3 months from now because I don't wish to lose my number.

It's what I call a dormant account. I'm still holding on to one (why? 🙂 ). Renew every ~4 months. You have service for a "month". It expires and will suspend for 90 days. Before the 90 days are up, renew again.

Maybe leave the SIM behind and a friend or family could use the account for that month every 4 months. Other than their phone getting lost or stolen, there's no risk on you as there are no overage charges here. Just don't use that phone number for any identity verifications.

Does suspending your account reset your 30 day cycle payment date if you unsuspended on a date to match spouses payment date?

Does suspending affect your balance or rewards other than the obvious?

Do you have to suspend for an “at least” amount of time to be able to reset the date?

I would be looking at 11 days. 

JohnnyXI
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Thanks, I guess suspending autopay is the way to go, I'll just have to remember to pay for a month in under 3 months from now because I don't wish to lose my number.

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@JohnnyXI wrote:

I am currently in Florida for 6 months and I'm wondering if there is a way suspend my service other than simply not paying the bill. I would be happy to pay a small monthly fee to keep the service active however I cannot see any way to do that. Alternatively I would like to use the Service in  Florida however it appears to be prohibitively expensive to do that. Any suggestions other than just not paying the bill for two months and 28 days which I am well aware of.

You can suspend your plan for up to 90 days from your renewal date before the account closes. Just remove autopay or put into lost/stolen mode in self service. To use your phone in the US you need a US roaming add on along with an active plan.

Renew on the cheapest $15 plan on the 85th day  (in case something goes wrong) to keep your account active.

Need Help? Let's chat.