cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Only a week?

rhenna136
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hey! So my billing cycle starts the 23/25 of the month (when my payments are due) but I am leaving the country on the 26th - I don't really want to pay for a full month to only use two days of it and I also don't want to be without a phone for a few days - what do I do here?

12 REPLIES 12

LaOmbra
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@slash407 wrote:

just dont pay it and resume when ready, your not obligated too. Or u can suspend ur account for the period

Solved on Friday; no need for your post. Cat Sad

rhenna136

Hi there, I am obviously aware I can't have it "both ways" and thus opened this thread! In Australia (where I am from) you can have plans that go for 7 days - so I was seeing if that was also offered here, because it made more sense to pay for 7 days rather than 30. I found your message very rude and demeaning for a simple question that I had asked.

- R

rhenna136

Hey there! This is what I've ended up deciding to do as it makes the most sense. Thanks for being so helpful and polite! 

@slash407 wrote:

just dont pay it and resume when ready, your not obligated too. Or u can suspend ur account for the period

@rhenna136 has stated that the service is required for about 2 days after the next renewal is scheduled. This customer cannot "just don't pay it" because that would mean that the service will stop working when it is needed for those days.

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@rhenna136 wrote:

Hey! So my billing cycle starts the 23/25 of the month (when my payments are due) but I am leaving the country on the 26th - I don't really want to pay for a full month to only use two days of it and I also don't want to be without a phone for a few days - what do I do here?

@rhenna136 If you can have wifi access, you can download a free calling app such as TextNow or Fongo. You can text or call within North America for free. You can use the app to call North America while you are traveling too. But having a $10 plan is not a bad choice.

Tiprix
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@rhenna136 you could always switch to a cheaper plan for the couple of days you'll still be in the county and set up your account to switch it back automatically when the next month comes.

JaimeLaPizza

@Pizzaeh wrote:

@JaimeLaPizza this situation is different than the thread you linked to.  In this current thread, @rhenna136 wants to use their phone for the first few days of the next 30 day cycle, but doesn't want to pay for the whole 30 days since they'll be leaving the country shortly after the 30 day cycle begins.

@Pizzaeh thank you for pointing this out, you're totally right.. and now I am aware of two situations instead of just one !

Pizzaeh

@JaimeLaPizza this situation is different than the thread you linked to.  In this current thread, @rhenna136 wants to use their phone for the first few days of the next 30 day cycle, but doesn't want to pay for the whole 30 days since they'll be leaving the country shortly after the 30 day cycle begins.

Pizzaeh

@rhenna136 wrote:

Hey @rhenna136, you either pay for the next 30 day cycle or not.  You can't have it both ways. 

JaimeLaPizza

Here is what @ShawnC13 , an Oracle, said about such a situation in another thread (https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/How-do-I-stop-next-month-paym...).  Maybe you should read the complete thread, but here is ShawnC13's take on this:  

ShawnC13

Oracle

Re: How do I stop next month payment?
@tissue wrote:

Hi mod, I am travelling next month, how do I stop my payment, I have already turned auto pay off, will it still process the payment if I have an available fund?

If you have available funds the payment will go through.  You will need to report your phone lost/stolen before you go and that will not allow the plan to renew and take the money from available funds.

* I am happy to help, but I am not a MOD please do not include any personal info in a private message to me, click here to private message a Moderator *

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@rhenna136 wrote:

No choice but to pay.  You need to pay or plan won't work.  You can switch to cheaper plan if you want but if you want to switch back later, it needs to be still on plan page and available. Be sure to set change to future date to occur at renewal time.

JaimeLaPizza

Are you on autopay ?

Need Help? Let's chat.