cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Indeed
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

One-Time Payment - How to disable the system saving my credit card?

Is there a way NOT to save/register my credit card?

I did a one-time payment last time, and it saved my credit card, which I do not wish to do that.

softech
Mayor / Maire

Re: One-Time Payment - How to disable the system saving my credit card?

You can logon to self-Serve and remove the card

Payment Tab , then click "Mange My Card"  (that link is closer to the bottom of my screenshot below)

softech_0-1617484703411.png

then click "Remove this Credit card"

softech_0-1620045935215.png

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

To update or remove your credit or Visa debit card details, sign in to Self-Serve. Once signed in, click on the ‘Payment’ tab, then scroll to the bottom of the page and select ‘Manage my card’. Here, you will have the option to either select ‘Replace this card’, where you can enter the details for your new card, or ‘Remove this card’. You will need to review and confirm this change to your account and then you’re all set..

Indeed

So I have to remove the card everytime I make a payment?

Is there a simple way simply the system does not save my credit card at all? For PCI compliance?

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

You pay with a voucher and call 611 or use recharge.com or ding.com but there is a service fee.

How To Pay With Digital Vouchers

If you do not have access to, or prefer not to register a credit card or Visa Debit card to your account, you may also top-up your account using a digital payment voucher. However, please be aware that this would be done through a third-party, like Recharge.com, which would charge fees for their service.You can purchase a digital payment voucher (in the form of a code) through Recharge by following these steps:

1. Access the Recharge.com website
  2. Select the desired top-up amount. Once you have selected the desired top-up amount, you will be shown a breakdown of the total, including the applicable fees that Recharge will charge you
  3. Fill in your email address where you would like your code to be sent
  4. Submit a payment; through Recharge, you can pay with a Visa or Mastercard credit card, Mastercard debit or PayPal account.
  5. After your payment, the code will be sent immediately to your email address. Please check your spam folder if you do not receive your code immediately.
  6. Once you have received your code from Recharge, you can then top-up your Public Mobile account by calling * 611 and following the prompts. Or you may also top-up by signing in to your Self-Serve account, select the ‘Payment’ tab, then ‘One Time Payment’. In the form on the next page, select ‘Payment Voucher’ as your payment method and enter your voucher code below, then click ‘Submit’.

How To Pay With Payment Vouchers Or Prepaid Credit Cards

If you prefer to pay using physical payment vouchers or a prepaid credit card that can be purchased in person, they can be found at most “essential service stores” and grocers. For a full list of stores that carry payment vouchers, please click here. It is recommended that you call ahead to your local store to confirm opening hours before heading out to make a purchase. If you are uncomfortable going in person, we recommend asking a friend, family member or neighbour for help!

softech
Mayor / Maire

@Indeed 

you actually don't need to remove credit card .. as long as it's not setup as Autopay

On the same page where I asked you to "Manage my Card", there is "Manage AutoPay", click on that.. on the next page, just click remove AutoPay

z10user4
Mayor / Maire

@Indeed : It is interesting that putting in a card automatically registers it to your account. But once there, it's not very visible.

But the 2 bucks is nice. Get a prepaid card like Koho and keep a low balance on it and register it and toggle autopay on and then keep paying manually just before your renewal and you reduce your plan cost by 2 bucks. Or even a prepaid "credit" card gift card with zero balance. Just use vouchers or instant top-up instead. Still get the 2 bucks.

BlueB
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Buying vouchers may be your best option.  There are reputable online retailers who would be able to sell you this, usually in $10-increments.

I can't speak for exactly how Public Mobile stores and processes your information but they're likely to be PCI compliant.  They're part of the Telus family, and I know that Telus takes cybersecurity seriously but will leave the risk to you.

Another option is to get a reloadable debit-Visa/Mastercard so it's separate than your usual credit card.  There's a post here about a cereal promotion to get a free one.  🙂

Indeed

Because I do not want the system to save my credit card information, so I have to use Voucher and pay a fee? Does not seem to make sense to me, as it is not suppose to save my credit card information to begin with.

z10user4
Mayor / Maire

@Indeed : Buying vouchers from stores generally don't cost more than the face value (other than tax of course). The online ones do charge a little more. The instant top-up method charges a little fee as well. The prepaid "credit" card gift cards charge a fee up front. So I again suggest the Koho prepaid card that you can refill as needed. They have a promotional connection with this place too.

Need Help? Let's chat.