cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

On AutoPay - You Turned Off my Service

NannyMargie
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am on Auto Pay, and you successfully charged my VISA last month.  My payment was due today and for some reason you didn't bill my card and turned off my service!

This message is posted at the top of My Account:

Please disregard this message if you have enough funds in your balance or are on Auto Pay. Your account has been suspended. Make a payment to reactive your current plan.Suspended accounts are deactivated after 90 days of non-payment and you will lose your phone number and service.

It's hard to disregard when you cut off my service.  I'm on Auto Pay.  I would expect you would bill me in time to prevent a service interruption. 

When will this be corrected?
13 REPLIES 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ScottyDee wrote:

That would be great but your service wont let me make a manual payment and there seems to be no way to disable autopay.

@ScottyDee 

i suggest you close all Browser and do clear cache and cookies for any Browser,

and try it for a different Browser and open incognito mode,

how to open Browser incognito mode visit Here link,

how to clear cache and cookies and History visit Here link,

and use a Browser from your computer,is better

use Browser microsoft edge or chrome latest version
and just make sure your Browser is up to date update
sometime is the Browser is not update is give a issue.

how to update your Browser visit Here link, 

and Restart your computer, is will help a lot,

and if you use a home internet please do one thing take your power internet off for about

a 1 minute and put it back on,to refreshing your network,

and go sign in to Self-Serve, to review your account,

1. Click on Payment

2. Make a Payment

3. one Time Payment 

4. you will see your Amount Due:$ !

5. Payment Type: selected other ( Enter the desired payment amount )

6. how much you see at Amount Due:$ ! you will do manually enter Amount: $ ! + $1 extra

7. Tax: will collect automatically,
8. Click ‘Submit’,
9. after payment gone through, you have to do Rebooting your phone

what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

10. and how much you pay the extra is will going to your account Available funds:$ ! has the amount left,
and for next bill cycle the will take it from there automatically,

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ScottyDee : If you're trying the Amount due choice then it seems to be a bit buggy. Choose the Other option and put in your own amount. Get you balance up to your plan cost and it should reactivate.

Why are you wanting to turn off autopay? You get a free 2 bucks. You can always pay by other means but still get the $2.

@ScottyDee To update or remove your credit or Visa debit card details, sign in to Self-Serve. Once signed in, click on the ‘Payment’ tab, then scroll to the bottom of the page and select ‘Manage my card’. Here, you will have the option to either select ‘Replace this card’, where you can enter the details for your new card, or ‘Remove this card’. You will need to review and confirm this change to your account and then you’re all set..

How To Make A Payment

1. Sign in to Self-Serve.
  2. Click on the Payment tab
  3. From here, you can make a one-time payment or set up AutoPay.

ScottyDee

That would be great but your service wont let me make a manual payment and there seems to be no way to disable autopay.

@NannyMargie wrote:

Thanks for the reply.  The normal renewal process should always occur before they turn off service without notice.  I was unaware my service was gone until my son told me he hadn't received my texts and he checked my account online.  I verified with my credit card that PM didn't attempt a charge. 

@NannyMargie 

It is very rare, but YES, sometimes auto-pay fails.   

There is nothing you've done wrong, and after you've arranged a payment either through *611 or through the Payment tab in your self-serve account, definitely let the Moderators know of this.

At worst, they may ask you to remove your credit card information and entirely enter it again.

At best, they may throw a freebie your way for the inconvenience of going without service when you expected them to manage your auto-pay.   Heck, ask for a one-time 1 GB of data add-on or a $10 credit or something - it's not an unreasonable ask on your part.

@NannyMargie wrote:

Thanks for the reply.  The normal renewal process should always occur before they turn off service without notice.  I was unaware my service was gone until my son told me he hadn't received my texts and he checked my account online.  I verified with my credit card that PM didn't attempt a charge. 

Keep these basic trouble-shooting service/network tips in your back pocket.

*turn off your phone, leave off for at least 3 minutes, then reboot

*removing your SIM for a few minutes, then reinserting it

*go into airplane mode for a few minutes, then going back to regular mode

*reboot your phone again

Just to be safe can you log into your SELF SERVE account and check if the 4-digits of your SIM match the 4-digits listed on your SELF SERVE account, found here, under "Change Sim Card":

esjliv_0-1614729764135.png

If the 4-digits DO NOT match, then it appears someone has been fraudulent (SIM-jacked) on your account. 

Change passwords and security questions to your SELF SERVE account right away, and check your financials. 

1. Log into your Self-Serve account
  2. Go to Plan and Add-Ons > Lost/Stolen Phone
  3. Select Suspend Service

Let the moderators know about this as well, submit a ticket here – to be connected to the Fraud Management Moderator team who will be able to restore your original SIM card. 

Gunner123
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@NannyMargie wrote:

I called my credit card company, they didn't even try to bill my card today.  if there are issues with the autopay system, then that's on Public Mobile.  Leave my phone active.  I depend on my phone when travelling in the winter.  I didnt even receive a text to say therewas an issue with my payment service.   Wondered why I wasn't getting text replies today.  I setup AutoPay explicitly to prevent this issue.  Terrible customer service.

@NannyMargie hi don't shoot the messenger we are customers like you if you have a complaint click on the chat bubble lower right corner to speak to a moderator tell them your not happy with the service!!

NannyMargie

@NannyMargie ,

If your autopay failed and you lost service, yes, this would have been an inconvenience and not a pleasant surprise.

Follow the steps to resume service in past posts and I would suggest letting the Moderators know of the failed autopay.

To contact the Public Mobile Moderator_Team, there are two ways to reach them:

1 -  Faster Method - Click the bubble comment circle on the bottom right hand side of your screen, or use this link to: Get Help With SIMon the Public Mobile chatbot

OR

2 – Slower Method - Use this link to:

Private Message to Public Mobile Moderators (PM Customer Service Representatives)

NannyMargie

I called my credit card company, they didn't even try to bill my card today.  if there are issues with the autopay system, then that's on Public Mobile.  Leave my phone active.  I depend on my phone when travelling in the winter.  I didnt even receive a text to say therewas an issue with my payment service.   Wondered why I wasn't getting text replies today.  I setup AutoPay explicitly to prevent this issue.  Terrible customer service.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@NannyMargie wrote:

I am on Auto Pay, and you successfully charged my VISA last month.  My payment was due today and for some reason you didn't bill my card and turned off my service!

Please disregard this message if you have enough funds in your balance or are on Auto Pay. Your account has been suspended. Make a payment to reactive your current plan.Suspended accounts are deactivated after 90 days of non-payment and you will lose your phone number and service.

It's hard to disregard when you cut off my service.  I'm on Auto Pay.  I would expect you would bill me in time to prevent a service interruption. 

Hi @NannyMargie  if your services are working please ignore those messages in your SELF SERVE account. This sounds like your account going through the normal renewal process. The SELF SERVE account can say "expired" or "suspended" on the day of or before your plan is due to renew. So if this is the case, ignore these messages on your SELF SERVE account.

If you have no services, and it is past your renewal, maybe your autopay failed?

1. Add Funds to your Plan Amount (through SELF SERVE or by calling 611 if you have a card registered)
  2. "Resume" service in the lost/stolen feature on your SELF SERVE account
  3. Reboot phone

Gunner123
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@NannyMargie wrote:

@NannyMargie hi sometimes autopay fails try to make a manual payment and then look for the reactivate button 

@NannyMargie wrote:

I would suggest checking if your credit card was charged. If it wasn't, and since your service isn't working, the only way to correct this to get your service working again is to make a manual payment. 

Need Help? Let's chat.