cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number never ported, and I switched providers but still being billed

renu1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I tried to switch to Public mobile on March 18th, but my number was NOT porting over, after waiting a week and it was STILL not working, I was still on my old paln with Telus. On March 22nd, I went to Koodo and got my number ported there and paid for a Koodo plan.

I have not received ANY service from public mobile, however I got billed for my first month - and just got a message that my second month payment will be taken out tomorrow.

How do I get my 1st month reimbursed and STOP payment for my second month as Public Mobile is NOT my providor and was not at any point since they could not get my number ported over?

4 REPLIES 4

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@renu1 wrote:

I tried to switch to Public mobile on March 18th, but my number was NOT porting over, after waiting a week and it was STILL not working, I was still on my old paln with Telus. On March 22nd, I went to Koodo and got my number ported there and paid for a Koodo plan.

I have not received ANY service from public mobile, however I got billed for my first month - and just got a message that my second month payment will be taken out tomorrow.

How do I get my 1st month reimbursed and STOP payment for my second month as Public Mobile is NOT my providor and was not at any point since they could not get my number ported over?

@renu1 First thing is to login into your selfserve and remove AutoPay ASAP so you don't get charged.

Next contact Public Mobile and see if they will provide you with a refund. Please keep in mind that Public Mobile is a prepaid service and does not issue refunds.

The link sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Moderator Hours: Monday-Friday 8 am(Eastern) to 12 am(Eastern) and Saturday, and Sunday from 8 am(Eastern) to 10 pm(Eastern).

Hope this helps!

renu1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you, will do!

bondmi
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Sorry that you had an issue activating.

You will need to contact the  and discuss this.

Cheers

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@renu1 wrote:

@renu1 

You are posting on a public and community forum, talking to other customers. I suggest sending a message to the moderator team. Click this to send them a message.

Need Help? Let's chat.