cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number de-activated and i cannot find a way to pay!

Jinhee1012
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

i had two numbers under my account because I usually take care of mine and my partner’s phone bills. Recently, my credit card was compromised and they issued a new card so I had to update the credit card information for all my auto payment services, with Public Mobile being one of them. The only problem is, when i updated the information, they seem to have deleted my partner’s number under my account, so they de-activated his number and he cannot call or receive calls. When he calls *611, the recording says the number has been deactivated temporarily because it’s not paid but they don’t tell him how he can settle the bill, which is frustrating. So frustrating i cannot simply pay and get my partner’s number reactivated because the number has disappeared from my account.

what can we do to resolve this issue??

12 REPLIES 12

@softech 

Well you better make sure you go to Whitehorse....that was the only one I could find. None in Mayo or Dawson City or anywhere else for that matter!

@darlicious  yes, I need to find the reliable  PM partners there, in case I need a voucher when I travel there  🙂

@Luddite 

I actually think you should wait on an update from the OP on this thread before assigning a solution since the problem is somewhat unusual and I think it's important for future readers to learn why there was a temporary deactivation and how it was resolved since it seems there is only one retail location in the entire Yukon Territory to possibly purchase pm vouchers from @softech 's answer may be insufficient.

@softech

Lol...I know you seek the truth like me!😃

@Jinhee1012 

We would love an update!

@Jinhee1012 

Lol...you're right.....you're in the Yukon.

Simply Commuting Inc. in Whitehorse.

206 Hanson St.

867-633-2767

@Jinhee1012   Where Yukon you are at?  There are 2 Petro Canada in Yukon.  Not sure if you are close by any of them.  You might want to call them and see if they have PM voucher.  

Please note that vouchers from some store might need 24 hours before they can be used.

@Jinhee1012 

How about 7/11, Shoppers Drug Mart or a Shell Station? Mobil has RTP (real time payments.)

@Jinhee1012  

no worry, just open a ticket with PM and they will help to sort out the Self-Serve My Account situation.  Once you have sorted out , you can logon and change the credit card on record

1. For faster response (2-48 hours), Click on the bubble in the lower right to request CS Agent assistance, or use this direct link: https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start with typing : forgot log in information,  Then Click "Contact Us" , and then click "Click here to submit a ticket"

2. Or you can Send a private message to the CS Agent here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox, envelope on the top right, after ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply and work with you  via messaging there

Jinhee1012

The problem is, we live in the Yukon and we don’t have any of the stores you listed. I never used an alias “trick the system” as I was not even aware you needed go create two different accounts when i created both numbers.

@Jinhee1012 

Did your partners account go thru renewal with the compromised card info and renew initially? If the compromised card was charged and then the credit card company refused/reversed the payment as fraudulent pm will immediately temporarily deactivate the account. You should contact customer support to arrange payment and account reactivation from this very specific deactivation. Payment will most likely have to be by pm voucher to fully cover the plan renewal amount refused by your credit card company.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Jinhee1012   

Quickest way to get your partner's phone back is to go and get a voucher from SDM/ 7-11/ Shell / London Drug.  their voucher can be used immediately .  Just dial *611, then 1 - 1 and follow the prompt to enter the voucher number.  

Another way is to use Retail top-up, 

Simply tell the cashier how much you want topped up and provide them with your phone number. Instant top-ups are currently available at most Canadian Tire Gas, Esso, Gateway Newstands, and MacEwen locations.

For your account, PM is one account one phone number.  So, you must have used 2 different email address to setup 2 different Self-Serve My Account

Not sure if you used the alias trick to create a second account.  Some users do.    So, you might want to try remember if you used alias

did you try to use the Forgot Password link?  just try to put any email address you might have used and see which one get you pass Step 1 of Forgot Password

If you still cannot get through My Account using Forgot Password, you will need to open a ticket with PM and they will sort this out for you:

Spoiler

1. For faster response (2-48 hours), Click on the bubble in the lower right to request CS Agent assistance, or use this direct link: https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start with typing : forgot log in information,  Then Click "Contact Us" , and then click "Click here to submit a ticket"

2. Or you can Send a private message to the CS Agent here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox, envelope on the top right, after ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply and work with you  via messaging there

Jinhee1012

I tried to make a different account for his number but it says the number doesn’t exist or the account has been already made

@Jinhee1012 wrote:

i had two numbers under my account because I usually take care of mine and my partner’s phone bills. Recently, my credit card was compromised and they issued a new card so I had to update the credit card information for all my auto payment services, with Public Mobile being one of them. The only problem is, when i updated the information, they seem to have deleted my partner’s number under my account, so they de-activated his number and he cannot call or receive calls. When he calls *611, the recording says the number has been deactivated temporarily because it’s not paid but they don’t tell him how he can settle the bill, which is frustrating. So frustrating i cannot simply pay and get my partner’s number reactivated because the number has disappeared from my account.

what can we do to resolve this issue??

There can't be two different phone numbers in one Public Mobile account. You need to use the serperate login of your partner's Public Mobile account to update the credit card information for that account.

Need Help? Let's chat.