cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number Porting: Transferring from Fido to PM

Barryere
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hello,

In light of paying quite a bit for Fido and not being a heavy phone user I'm not keen on paying as much as Fido asks of me, so I'm thinking of switching back to PM.

My concern is that my Fido account currently has 2 lines, and I'd like to keep my current number but I'm not sure if this will affect the second line and I don't want anything to happen to the second line because that'd prejudice the person on it - they depend on it.

If I give PM my account number and phone number will both lines get canceled or just the one (mine)?

1 REPLY 1

@Barryere wrote:

Hello,

In light of paying quite a bit for Fido and not being a heavy phone user I'm not keen on paying as much as Fido asks of me, so I'm thinking of switching back to PM.

My concern is that my Fido account currently has 2 lines, and I'd like to keep my current number but I'm not sure if this will affect the second line and I don't want anything to happen to the second line because that'd prejudice the person on it - they depend on it.

If I give PM my account number and phone number will both lines get canceled or just the one (mine)?

The old carrier's account only gets closed if there are no other active services on the account.  Porting one number out doesn't cancel the other.

Need Help? Let's chat.