cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not sure what is going on?

phunction
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have 2 public mobile accounts. The other one the service has just stopped working and I can no longer login to the account, what the heck is going on?

27 REPLIES 27

@phunction  Wow! I'm happy they got it sorted out in the end. And it wasn't the worst case scenario. But this is the second case of a sudden account close in less than two days unfortunately the other member was away on an extended holiday when it happened.

phunction

Looks like my case was finally escalated and they were able to get it working again. Hopefully it is all over now.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@phunction  sorry to hear about this.  Did they say exactly what happened/ the exact error??  

which carrier had the original number?  Maybe contact them and see if they can get the number back for you.

edit:  when was your phone last working,  from your original post it seemed like yesterday. 

1. if the billing error ie say autopay failed, you had 90 days to fix/reactivate. once those 90 day pass the account is closed. 
  2.   if however you phone was working yesterday /day before then PM should not have closed the account and they should get it back to you. 

if scenario #1 there is nothing to do,, its what happens to account after 90 days.

if scenario #2 i would message the mods again and ask for a full description of what happened. and from there insist they reactivate your account.

phunction

Wow. I can't even come up with the words to describe the extremely poor service.

apparently due to some billing error they closed my account, no notice, no nothing and now they say they can't re-activate the account and the number is gone. Well off to join the long list of complaints on the BBB and the CRTC.

Ardene18

Hi there!

When I ported my other PM number to other provider  2mos ago they ask for my PM account number and before they finalize the number transfer they ask me for my 4digit PM pin number. So keep your pin number safe. I'm just sharing my experience about porting. 

@phunction  You should be contacted sometime this morning. Service times have been pretty good lately....just keep an eye on your private message box at the top right corner of your screen for a little number will pop up indicating a message from the moderators.

The only service provider that indicates a port in progress is Rogers who send out a text message otherwise most providers give no real notice. Telus set me a "sorry to see you go" email 24 hours after I ported out. It does seem to be something lacking in the industry to not have a basic notification standard.

@phunction wrote:

Does anyone know how long it usually takes for a ticket to be replied too?

Also, if it was an attempted port or other error, why is there no notification sent out? I would expect an email at the very least stating the account is closing/was closed or something like that?

Check your email. When Moderators reply, you should get an email notification.

Or go here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/privatenotespage

to view and respond to your private messages.

At present time, PM does not issue any notifications when account is closing or number being ported.

buiya
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I thought you would get a notifcation if a port is triggered, like a text say or something? I could be wrong

phunction

Does anyone know how long it usually takes for a ticket to be replied too?

Also, if it was an attempted port or other error, why is there no notification sent out? I would expect an email at the very least stating the account is closing/was closed or something like that?

popping

@mimmo wrote:

Come on everyone stop jumping to the worst case or making theories out of nothing.

An incomplete port would mean the on pm phone would still make and receive calls. Hence not the case 

A completed port means no service but the line is still active, calling the number results in a number not in service. So this is not the case either unless the number was changed right way.

The most probable situation is the line got closed by pm for some reason.  Only mods can help. Let's wait till we hear back from them.

Agree.  If the number was ported out, the number will still be active.  But OP said the number is not in service when he called his number.  Let wait for what moderator finds out.

mimmo

Come on everyone stop jumping to the worst case or making theories out of nothing.

An incomplete port would mean the on pm phone would still make and receive calls. Hence not the case 

A completed port means no service but the line is still active, calling the number results in a number not in service. So this is not the case either unless the number was changed right way.

The most probable situation is the line got closed by pm for some reason.  Only mods can help. Let's wait till we hear back from them.

@LovesToPM wrote:

@phunction  Have you a chance to try the password reset yet?

Moderators are the resources you want to contact. Please keep us updated.

Do NOT call the Telus porting centre. They don't have access to your Public Mobile account and cannot help you. They are there to help complete a port request already in progress.

@LovesToPM  and anyone else who cares to weigh in....in theory.  A SIM jacking appears to be happening and the number being ported out is to a company under the bell/telus umbrella. The port is incomplete whether it is just taking it's time (2-3 hours) or stuck. Can the account holder of the number being ported out and SIM jacked not phone the telus porting department to halt the port and save their number/account from the "crime" in progress?

@phunction 

Moderators are the resources you want to contact. Please keep us updated.

Do NOT call the Telus porting centre. They don't have access to your Public Mobile account and cannot help you. They are there to help complete a port request already in progress.

@phunction Keep us posted.

@phunction   Up to you but I would be extra cautious and contact your financial institution and remove your email and phone number for 2FA purposes if only temporarily to be safe. A small inconvenience if this turns out to be just a mistake but could save you a monster headache if it is a case of simjacking.

phunction

Submitted ticket, will see what happens.

@phunction  If your number has been ported out the port is not complete. After quickly contacting the moderators I suggest you call the telus porting department to see if they can give you any additional info. Hopefully you have a copy of your account number and they may be able to stop the port. If this is the case and your email has been compromised immediately contact your bank and any credit card companies that have your phone number and email associated to that account and alert them to a possible identity theft/SIM jacking and have your online banking disabled,

@phunction wrote:

I am sure no one else has my account number and my email is fine.

When I call the number it just says it is not in service, so was my account accidentally closed by public mobile?

Interesting. Please contact Moderators to check wth them.

phunction

I am sure no one else has my account number and my email is fine.

When I call the number it just says it is not in service, so was my account accidentally closed by public mobile?

mimmo

@phunction , @geopublic ,  Its a bit early to jump straight to the line being ported out.

try calling the number see what happens. if it was ported out it will probably ring or you will get voicemail.

again what error do  you get when trying to login?  are you sure you are using teh correct email address?

mods will be the only ones to check your account status and reset it.  contact them by using the simon chatbot.

@phunction wrote:

I get the ForgotPassword/LoginUnsuccessfulUser_LoginDisabled message.

Again, no one ported out the number. Now I am not sure about keeping my other account here if the security is that poor.

What happens when you try the password reset link?

If you get that "ForgotPassword/LoginUnsuccessfulUser_LoginDisabled" message, your account has been closed. Ported out is one possibility, but other possibilities exist too.

I believe in this situation you should be able to contact Moderators to ask why your account has been closed.

To submit a ticket to Moderators: Click the green question mark at bottom and enter your question into SIMon. Answer the prompts until you get to the Contact Us button, click it and a Submit Ticket button should appear.

If you encounter problems with submitting a ticket, you can send a private message to Moderators, but this alternate contact method may have longer response time.

@phunction wrote:

By who? Are you saying there is 0 security with public mobile and anyone can take a number?

If someone has your phone number, account number and full name, they could potentially port you out. It works the same way for all Canadian telecom providers.

@phunction wrote:

By who? Are you saying there is 0 security with public mobile and anyone can take a number?

@phunction  By anyone who knows your account number and the name on the account. By someone who maybe had hacked into your email......

phunction

I get the ForgotPassword/LoginUnsuccessfulUser_LoginDisabled message.

Again, no one ported out the number. Now I am not sure about keeping my other account here if the security is that poor.

phunction

mimmo

@phunction  try calling 611 see if it gives you any info.

try the password reset.  see if you can get to the second stage.  

if you get a ForgotPassword/LoginUnsuccessfulUser_LoginDisabled message it means the account has been closed for some reason, or you are using teh incorrect email address. is it possible someone ported out the number?

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@phunction wrote:

I have 2 public mobile accounts. The other one the service has just stopped working and I can no longer login to the account, what the heck is going on?

@phunction  Sounds like your number maybe was ported out.

Need Help? Let's chat.