cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not possible to accept US credit card?

hstraf
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello, I would like to pay using a US credit card.  It keeps being declined...

Is this not possible?  Does it have to be a Canadian credit card only?   (This makes it difficult for me, because I am visiting from the US only for a year or so, and I don't know if I can get a Canadian card...)

Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6

Master2000
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

hstraf
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Yes, all is good now.  I was able to input my US card. 🙂

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@hstraf did my suggestion help?  All good now?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@hstraf at one time yes it was only Canadian, but apparently US cards should be fine now too.

Make sure that you enter your billing address exactly as it appears on your credit card statements--down to the capitalization, the punctuation, abbreviating or not abbreviating (e.g. street vs st vs st.), and so on.  If your billing address has an appartment/unit number but it shows up as part of you address line on your cc statement, enter it that way.  For example if you live in unit 123 at 555 Fake St, and your cc statement prints it as "123-555 FAKE ST", then enter this as the address in your self-serve account and leave the appartment # box blank.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@hstraf wrote:

Hello, I would like to pay using a US credit card.  It keeps being declined...

Is this not possible?  Does it have to be a Canadian credit card only?   (This makes it difficult for me, because I am visiting from the US only for a year or so, and I don't know if I can get a Canadian card...)

Thanks!

@hstraf

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/How-to-Activate/ta-p/251824

• Credit card or Visa Debit card issued by a Canadian or American financial institution and is registered to a Canadian or American address, or a Public Mobile payment voucher.

Carld123
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@hstraf

Not sure on the CC but another option is to purchase a voucher from recharge.com and add to your account that way.

Need Help? Let's chat.